Faction Defection - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Humping allowed 24/7/365
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Faction Defection

When I first logged into PS1 in beta I did so as a VS.

Then a few days later I killed a TR, looted his cycler, and it was love at first sight. The incredibly OP striker added to that love, though the Prowler and MCG were a steaming pile of garbage at the time. I played most of the beta as TR and formed up my outfit from TR players.

At the end of beta, having not played NC I gave it a shot and absolutely loved the Vanguard and the Phoenix, and learned to tolerate the Guass (I still found the cycler the superior weapon)

I entered PS1 retail as NC and that was the vast majority of my serious gaming time.

I branched out and played some TR on Markov for shits and giggles and VS on Emerald for a change in pace.

Now for PS2 I am returning to TR, mostly because that's what the outfit I am in identifies most with. But a part of me always liked how I established the roots of everything I did in PS1 retail as TR. NC may have been where I did all my PS1 glory, but TR was my first love.

Remember that PS2 is a re-imagining of PS1, so I think its perfectly acceptable to re-think what empire you really like and re-imagine your own PlanetSide identity as well. It's been nearly a decade, personalities change, what you like changes.

But don't be switching post-launch. I think you can change your mind now, but once the game starts, you're all-in.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Arokel
Private

I was going to criticize you for being so shallow as to let a faction's aesthetic and traits sway your decision to play them or not but then I remembered that those are the reasons I will be playing Vanu.

lol

edit: grammar
Old 2012-06-07, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
infinite loop
First Sergeant

I seriously question the logic of anyone who doesn't plan on at least trying out all 3 factions. It's free to create a new character, so, why wouldn't you? I'll be running with my outfit on NC probably the majority of my playtime, but sometimes I like to do my own thing, and a TR and VS alt will fill that nicely.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

For PS1 it was VS>NC>TR.

VS: Loved the Magrider, and the big slow orb'd Lasher. VS Rexo looked the best to me as well. Female toons looked sweet.
NC: In extreme QCQ the Jackhammer was an "I win" button, but the real gem of NC infantry was the Gauss. It absolutely smoked the Pulsar at med/long range.
TR: I liked the look of the TR max, the multi-enemy killing abilty of the MCG, and the empire colors. Not much more than that.

For PS2 I am conflicted and will create toons for all three empires.

VS: I like most of the looks of the scythe (it's got too fat/ long of an ass), but am not sure about it until I fly it. Do not like the max, and do not like the female avatars. Haven't seen the Lasher, that may tip the scales for me, although the old slow Lasher orbs wouldn't be near as effective in the more wide open maps of PS2. I do NOT like the Magrider without a turret. My concern is that the shape of the tank in combination with no turret means it will constantly bump into shit when trying to aim. IT NEEDS A TURRET!!
NC: Max looks the best. Vanguard looks the best. Reaver looks ok. Infantry are blah.
TR: Max looks good. Prowler is lopsided and too squarish. Infantry look great. Female avatars look better than VS

Last edited by Eyeklops; 2012-06-07 at 03:36 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion