TR Soldier Rocking Camo - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Righteous
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-11-24, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: TR Soldier Rocking Camo

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I never had any implants but Surge and PShield I think, and I'm fairly sure that name tags weren't visible 24/7. I think you had to poke them with your crosshair first before it would come visible, so the "oirignal spotting" would've had to come without any red nametag aid.

It's been a while though, so don't quote me on this
hrm no you;re right i watched some videos on youtube of some snipers, they dont get red name until the x hair is over the target, i think thats a fine system. obviously stuff much closer in HA range generally always has a red name.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-11-24, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
Traak
Colonel

There's no such thing as Advanced Targeting.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Raka Maru
Major

No name tags, just map dot to comrades as if radioed in as enemy spotted.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
There's no such thing as Advanced Targeting.
Yes there is, they're bleeding heavy and walking slow. They must be wounded bad.
Old 2011-11-24, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Atuday
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
False. hackers = banned to SOE.
Hackers = Applying to work for SOE locking the servers down so other hackers get put to shame.
Old 2011-11-24, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Saerain
Private

Just put nametags on friendlies. Makes friendly fire less likely, keeps you informed of the locations of your allies, doesn't give away enemy positions, and makes sense technologically. Pretty simple to broadcast an IFF and display it in a HUD overlay. We can do that today. I'd expect it to be taken for granted in 900 years, if not horribly obsolete.

Last edited by Saerain; 2011-11-24 at 12:51 PM.
Old 2011-11-24, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Shogun
Contributor
General

i was also wondering about nametags. i liked the system of ps1. it worked good. i always had advanced targeting implant so i could even see the health bars. without that implant, names would pop up if enemys come too near i think so it was no problem for long range snipers. and infils would only get nametags if they are detected by motion sensors or mossie radar.

any kind of camo would be more useful without enemy nametags, but for night time infantery battle it would be a pain to have no targeting systems and after all it´s the future so there should be some electronical friend or foe detection to minimize friendly fire.

maybe it would be a nice idea to get rid of nametags in general unless some targeting systems are used, like motion sensors or advanced targeting implants. this will keep the engineers busy, placing those detectors for the team.
but i´m not sure if this gives the defending team too much of an advantage if those sensors are still only deployable outside of enemy sphere of influence. AND we would have to get rid of that annoying brainmelting sound those sensors did when detecting enemys.
Old 2011-11-24, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
Traak
Colonel

There are many, many files in a PS install. Tagging about 200 of them, or 2000 of them, with a random string of digits buried somewhere deep in the code would make it extremely tedious to go through and modify all of them.

Especially when the string of digits follows an algorithm, and unless they cross-match each other with an algorithm, the whole game is rejected.

But, let him log on, get to a battle, and then find out. So each iteration would require log on, wait, transport, etc. And then find out he can't fire weapons only when he is in a battle.

This would make the turnaround time for PS cheaters who get banned go from seconds to hours, days, weeks, or months.

As an example, if, in the various files there is an identifier that when the third digit is added up, makes a sum. Which will be a number found in 200 other files, then all that has to be re-done every time a ban occurs.

All of this is even more effective if you have to pay 150 dollars for a game to begin with. Once your game key is tainted, that's it, key is forever banned. Wanna spend another 150 just to be able to TRY to play?

I know the professionals that make money doing this will have sophisticated algorithms in place to compare installations and look for differences, but the data can also be dependent on the servers, too.

So, your computer sends a message on startup of the game "103946123498123419347097413421340734091732461 01"
To which the server responds with a set of numbers, say, 200 of them, one of which is the correct number. Your computer responds with the correct one, suitably processed further by dividing by Pi, then the server okays the transaction. Without the server okaying your installation, you don't play.

It isn't that difficult, if they truly want to do this.

"You have failed authentication"

"But that guy who sold me the DVD said it was good!"

"Buy another DVD, please."

Put the onus for protecting their accounts on the players. Do you really want to let your retarded friends play your account? Is it worth losing it? Do you really want him to get on your account and start quoting bannable statements over the chat channels?

It's your account. Up to you to protect it.

To make it profitable for Sony, which will benefit the rest of us, ultimately, make the option to reactivate your account for 10,000 dollars.
Old 2011-11-24, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
RodenyC
Master Sergeant

So it's confirmed that all empires will have specific camp example:
Vanu gets Marpat,despat and digital urban camo
Terran gets Woodland ,3 color desert camo and all black camo
NC gets tiger stripe multi cam and digital camo.
Couldn't think of artic camo
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion