TR Soldier Rocking Camo - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 'fo shizzle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-11-23, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
FriendlyFire
Sergeant

Re: TR Soldier Rocking Camo

Hackers still equal $$$$ to SOE.

They have to find a system where they still make money off the hackers while not going over budget trying to prevent them.
Old 2011-11-23, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
ThGlump
Captain

Yea its called purchase cost. So you get money even from banned hackers. But without need to buy first i doubt they will buy anything from shop on accounts they plan hack with, so no money gain there.
Old 2011-11-23, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Yeah, some form of hardware fingerprinting is something we've been discussing. There are always ways to reassign your MAC address, change that ID file we put on your PC, etc... someone would spend 10 minutes making a little visual basic app that let you switch between "installs" if we put something like that in. It's sadly all about finding the way that makes it as much of a waste of time for the hacker to get around and therefore not worth doing. We have a lot of plans to thwart this sort of stuff, but I'm not going to discuss them for obvious reasons.
make them handover their credit card details, then ban them via credit card...may not work for people without credit cards.

It is hard to get a new credit cards all the time.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-11-23, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post

They have to find a system where they still make money off the hackers while not going over budget trying to prevent them.
False. hackers = banned to SOE.
Old 2011-11-23, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
FIREk
Captain

Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post

How does that make sense? More money is likely to be lost because of the game's lowered appeal due to a hacker problem, than made off those hackers. APB is a fine example, both the original and Reloaded.

Last edited by FIREk; 2011-11-23 at 05:40 PM.
Old 2011-11-23, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Raka Maru
Major

Most of you are thinking about this wrong. Spoofs/hacks/proxies... That's all part of their game.

Leverage the strength of the established credit card system and PayPal or other financial orgs.

Player becomes asshat, then ban, punish, or whatever. After little Johnny used up all grandmas cards to make accounts, then he's done. Take it a step further and check home/billing addresses.
Old 2011-11-23, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Shogun
Contributor
General

good to know that matt is reading this thread. maybe we have come up with some fresh ideas for the devs to discuss ;-)

i hope SOE doesn´t underestimate the hackerproblem, but after all those major devestating hacks this year i don´t think so. now everybody in the industry should know that it´s near impossible to be totally safe and that hackers accept any challenge.
matt told us on several occasions that they are taking the hackerproblem very seriously. and that´s all we need to know about the cheatprotection for the obvious reasons, matt mentioned as well.

the sad thing is, that the anticheat team will have to stay on the game forever to keep up with the hackers new inventions. the day, the cheatprotection doesn´t change anymore, the hackers will win and ruin the game. happened on an awful lot of games before and especially ps1.
Old 2011-11-23, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Gwartham
Corporal

No hackers cost SOE money.

Not only reputation, but also consider that most hackers scammers and sellers all use stolen CC's, and chargebacks cost the company money having to deal with them.
Old 2011-11-24, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
Will be interesting to see how waving your reticule over someone will make their name show up in red and when these names show up otherwise, on vehicles and infantry alike. In the case of PS1, camo was pointless, you just shoot the guy with the red name. Personally, if camo is goin to be of any use, i think you need to have a decent delay where your target wont have a magical red name pop up unless you hover over them for a decent time period. Helps stop scanning for targets in cover by cheating the red name issue on mouseover. The lame sniper marking crap in BF was god awful stupid, if that comes in im gonna driver over and personally smack Higby. The amount of lame and cheap i could do because of that was absurd. There's a reason i dont play those awful games, i dont want that crap in PS2.
Simple. No HUD ID of anything or anybody.

You have to actually look, just like you do in the real world. If you can't see, then don't shoot.

No HUD-tag billboards for friendlies or enemies, not green ones, not purple, not yellow, not orange, not red.

Sound will be a big help, because no one is using another empire's weapons.

But I say NO to billboards floating over anything. ANYTHING. Having HUD tags on friendlies will make it easy to find enemies, still. I don't think, with the level of graphics in PS2, we need HUD tags on anything.

Ooh! That's a Magrider!

Wow. Good thing we had that HUD tag, because it is so hard to tell between a Mag and a Vannie? We don't need HUD tags. It makes spotting enemies easy and lazy.

Sharp eyes and a quick mind should be rewarded. Not a HUD-tag system that can be turned into exploits a week after PS2 comes out.

Last edited by Traak; 2011-11-24 at 03:47 AM.
Old 2011-11-24, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
False. hackers = banned to SOE.
I believe we just saw the first indication of how much tolerance will be given to PS2 hackers by The Man himself.
Old 2011-11-24, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Coreldan
Colonel

Many will disagree. I think it sorta makes a game easier to play in longer periods when you have the name tags. But it's not that PS1 had nametags at all times, so some spotting was still necessary. In BF3 for example it gets quite tedious after several hours to having to stare at the screen with such a focus for some random pixel that shouldnt be there.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2011-11-24, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Many will disagree. I think it sorta makes a game easier to play in longer periods when you have the name tags. But it's not that PS1 had nametags at all times, so some spotting was still necessary. In BF3 for example it gets quite tedious after several hours to having to stare at the screen with such a focus for some random pixel that shouldnt be there.
yea, gets sort of annoying, makes the game slower too, aka more boring.

BIG RED NAME ABOVE EVERYBODYS HEAD, SOLVED.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2011-11-24, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
Coreldan
Colonel

I don't think the red nametags should be there always, cos sniping would become quite hard when you could sort of never hide

I think the system PS had was OK.

Old 2011-11-24, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I don't think the red nametags should be there always, cos sniping would become quite hard when you could sort of never hide

I think the system PS had was OK.
i thought there was always names above peoples heads...hrm...never did long range much...and always played with adv targeting...so hrm.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2011-11-24, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Coreldan
Colonel

I never had any implants but Surge and PShield I think, and I'm fairly sure that name tags weren't visible 24/7. I think you had to poke them with your crosshair first before it would come visible, so the "oirignal spotting" would've had to come without any red nametag aid.

It's been a while though, so don't quote me on this

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion