What cert do you recommend? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Adopt a base!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: What would you pick if you had heavy assault and reinforced?
Special Assault 8 38.10%
Pheonix 7 33.33%
Medical 1 4.76%
Engineering 0 0%
Enforcer 3 14.29%
Basilisk 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-05-12, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Deveral
Private

What cert do you recommend?

I am in beta. I have a reinforced guy (Crematorian on Markov), anyway, he is certed for reinforced eXo-suit, medium assault, and heavy assault. I hammer pretty much anything except for vehicles and MAX's (when I don't get time to change to AP on the Jackhammer). I have 3 cert pts atm and I have no idea what to do w/ them. I could go w/ AV but then I would suck at long range, unless I traded my darklight for surge. Or I could go w/ special assault but I dont like the rocklet gun and the thumper isn't the best imo.
What would you guys get? I am trying to stick to my grunt like nature atm. Thanks!
Old 2003-05-12, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Doppler
Contributor
Major

One word

Desolator.

Special assault is the way to go so much versatility is packed into the thumper and the desolator you may not need anything else.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-05-12, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Revoltrix
Private

Its decimator not desolator and btw if you are NC, assumption since you had Phoenix in the poll. You should definitely get it because it is so much fun to bomb them. Also I found that NC squads can use a very uber strat. You get AMS and Phoenix certs then drive your AMS to a nearby base or tower. Then if you get up the invis without anyone noticing, you can launch rockets from inside and you have an infinite amount. It takes about 3 or 4 shots to kill infantry, but it is fun for a while and no danger, not that there is anything to lose. Also while inside the AMS cloak, the targets are like infiltrators to you so it is a bit difficult to see, but TR MAX's with their laser guiders show up nicely and so do targets that are moving and firing.
Old 2003-05-12, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Vrim
Private

I love my wraith, its an excellent way to get around, i have a reinf jackhammer/pheonix with wraith. The gun on the basilisk is just retarded. Plus you save a cert.

I dont think you need both heavy and special since part of special is a weak indoor heavy hitting gun (thumper) The pheonix is pretty good imo, and with reinf armor, u can usually afford to carry 6,9 rockets or so which is better than the decimator.
Old 2003-05-12, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Personally, I'd grab a vehicle cert just to have one. The enforcer is fun to play with.

I'd probably get the Pheonix after that.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-05-12, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

you need a ride, too many times youll be left walking if you dont have a vech cert.

I have the enforcer, and it is very nice for getting around and can pack a punch if need be (+loads into gal)
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion