Lattice Question - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where whoring is a sport.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-12, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Question Lattice Question

Ok I have a queestion regarding the Lattice and Warp gates..

A guy last night said you can ALWAYS take the base closest to any warpgate, regardless of the lattice work color. I disagree but have not had the time to go and test my theory yet. So what color does the little lattice beam have to be in order to hack into a base? Yellow I know works-- what about grey? red?

The situation was on Searhus where TR had driven us to just a few towers and on bases left. Of the 3 warpgates, 2 had grey lattice lines attached to them and 1 had a red lattice line. Can any of these bases be hacked?

Thanks 8)
Old 2003-05-12, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

well hes right, I believe that a base next to a warp gate can be taken at any time.
Old 2003-05-12, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zenny
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

AFAIK about the colors:
Grey = connected to a neutral base
Blue, Red, and Purple = Connecting two bases owned by same faction (so NC base connected to another NC base with a blue line)
Yellow = A path of hostility, connecting opposing faction bases together.
Old 2003-05-12, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

He's kinda right, but not completely. Say TR has all of a continent A locked. They can keep a facilities next to a warpgate from getting hacked if they go through the warpgate to continent B and capture the facility nearest the warpgate there. So the lattice lines extend through the warpgates sort of.

So if you don't have the facility nearest the warpgate on the OTHER continent, the facility nearest that same warpgate on the continent you are on will be able to be hacked.

After reading that, I made no sense at all
Old 2003-05-12, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

So a gray line connecting a warp gate to a base means that base can be captured, but a red line (if I'm vs) means it cannot right?

Sounds like we were both right hehe.

He said you can always take a base by warpgate, I said it depends on whats on other side of warpgate. In the situation we had last night though I think 2 of the bases were connected with grey lattice to the warp gate.

Ahh the strat of PS can be fun 8)
Old 2003-05-12, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Plato
Sergeant

Last night I tried to hack a base next to a warpgate but it wouldn't let me telling me I was "offside"... ??
Old 2003-05-12, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Plato
Sergeant

Wink

j/k
Old 2003-05-12, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Robot
Major

Originally posted by Jarlo
So a gray line connecting a warp gate to a base means that base can be captured, but a red line (if I'm vs) means it cannot right?
I'm *pretty* sure that

Gray: Neutral, any bases it's connected to can't be taken
Gold: You have connecting links to a takeable base
Purple: Vanu Sovreignty owned, if you're VS then that means you own those lattice links but you have no takeable bases along the way
Red: Same as Purple, but for TR.
Blue: Same as Purple, but for NC.
Old 2003-05-12, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Angelos
First Sergeant

You can take a facility if it has any grey lines connected to it. You can take a facility if it has a yellow line from it to one of your facilities.

Thus sayeth Angelos.
Old 2003-05-12, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Araxis
Private

This aer confursing!
Old 2003-05-12, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Tieom
Master Sergeant

Unless they've been screwing with the colors, here is the way it works:

You can only hack a base if it has a GOLD LINE RUNNING TO IT. Otherwise you cannot hack it.

A Red line means that both ends of the line are controlled by TR.
A Blue line means that both ends of the line are controlled by NC.
A Purple line means that both ends of the line are controlled by VS.
A Gold line means that the base is connected to one of yours, and you can hack it.
A Grey line means that it can be hacked by an empire other than yours. (If you are TR and there are is an NC and VS base connected they will have a grey line)
Old 2003-05-12, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
EarlyDawn
Major General

To summarize for the initial question: To hack a base connected to warpgate A, you must control at least one base connected to it's brother gate, gate B.

The exception to the rule is sanctuaries; you can hack any base attached to your sanctuary warpgates, at all times.

Further Summary: Warpgates are nothing but inter-continental lattice relays. Nothing is changed, they just move you links between cotinents.

Personal input: Warpgates between two locked continents of one empire should lock, forcing hostile empires to unlock continent A before advancing to B, or taking a back route using other warpgates to get to B.

Last edited by EarlyDawn; 2003-05-12 at 08:40 PM.
Old 2003-05-13, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Ok that is what I thought! Good to know I was right in the arguement since it caused the jackass I was arguing with to disband the outfit. What a baby 8)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion