So, Now that most of us have played - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What does this button do?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Will you continue playing PlanetSide
Yes 130 72.63%
No 12 6.70%
Undecided 37 20.67%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-05-13, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
AgentSmyth
Private

What do I know.

Well I must admit by some of the early comments i thought great this is looking good and seems like planetside is gonna be popular. then it all fell apart by comments like the one above.

well if we all wait til an expansion comes out (is there one planned) then the game will not take off, there will only be a couple of servers and the game will be dead by the time the expansion comes out. get your hand in your pocket.

Think about it this way everyone is saying about ooo the monthly payment i dont wanna pay it thats too much and such like, well if your playing any other first person shooter and want to become part of a squad/team/clan/community at some point you need to maybe assist the payment of a server, YES there is public servers, but usually full of cheats (no matter what the game) This game is gonna be updated every so often, you get to play on servers with 100's or 1000's of people at one time, the different weather effects are unreal, in one continent and then u get to the next one and its a thunder storm, (maybe its my new PC making this look class i dont know) I have been addicted to Medal of Honor : Allied Assualt for the last year, playing the same old maps over and over, and there is hundreds of others doing the same the past year, and im sure alot will appear here, as well as members from all other first person shooter communities.

Who knows maybe there will be some sort of exspansion comes out at some stage, but like already stated people are messing around at the moment, I have been playing in a squad using voice comms from time to time which makes it extra better, but once the full game gets going, communities/clans/squads/teams get settled into there particular TEAM OF CHOICE, then the fun will begin, people will work hard to get there battle ranks up, and gain experience by doing different things, remember we are all still learn no matter how much u think or claim to know. And like Hamma says people will start to play the game for real, it wont be the case of base hoppin, when people get higher ranks and get all the bestest weapons and vechiles possible we will be able to sit around bases and defend bases, and deploy squads to head out to other bases to attack, it will be a more tactical battle when it all starts for REAL, as long as there isnt people go with the flow and dont get angry and TK, which i have seen already in the game.

Goodluck to all and cya on da Battlefield
Old 2003-05-13, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
tmartinez72
Sergeant

Originally posted by BUGGER33
20 buckeroos a month?!?! Yes PS may fell like it but wtf, thats a shit load, I could buy 4 action figures with that money! 13 bucks is enough!

And wheres the "i cant d/l cause it would finish d/ling after i get the game?" option?
Wait. You rather buy "dolls"? Hmm...

Anyways, some people are talking about "content" in a pay to play game, but there is something MORE important than content.

FUN!

Sure, EQ may have more "content", but hell. You'd have to PAY ME $12.95/month to play that snore-fest. I played EQ, UO, SB, WWIIOL, Tale in the Desert, Meridian 59, etc. BORING!!! I don't have my accounts with them anymore. I tried them. I tried to even LIKE them.

Nothing has got me more excited to play PS. During and after the beta.

Last edited by tmartinez72; 2003-05-13 at 01:06 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion