Advice and a question... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop it! That tickles!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-16, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
User58
Sergeant

Talking Advice and a question...

I'm about to achieve BR6 and that means an implant. I'm thinking of becomming Medium Assault/Hacker. Is that a viable speciality? I would think Hacker is compatable with anything right? I'm up for a bit of guidance on that. In short, what should my first implant be? Improved Radar or something? I now have Medium Assault/Reaver qualifications.

Old 2003-09-16, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Everyone should get medium assault at the very least. Basic hacking is useful to a point, but adv. Hacking is almost exclusively used by infiltrators. If you're new to the game(which I'm assumeing you are by your post) you should look into geting Heavy assault or a MAX, depending on your empire.

First implant should be DLV or audio Amplifier if you are a grunt, and surge after that. Since you are currently a reaver pilot, you should get engineering before you get hacking. It lets to land, repair, and return to action.

Most pilots get adv. Targeting for target selection, especialy since you dont have any endurance drain while in a vehicle.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
User58
Sergeant

Hmmm...

Originally posted by SandTrout
First implant should be DLV or audio Amplifier if you are a grunt, and surge after that. Since you are currently a reaver pilot, you should get engineering before you get hacking. It lets to land, repair, and return to action.

Most pilots get adv. Targeting for target selection, especialy since you dont have any endurance drain while in a vehicle.
Well, first of all thanks for the reply! Second of all, for some reason, I have a hell of a time flying anything with a mouse and a new stick ain't in the budget. Completely erratic with the mouse, in PS and BF42... I'm no fly-boy anyhow. I'm suited for grunt action.

I'll probably un-learn Reaver for now for starters.

What is diff between Hack and Adv Hack? Something to do with the LLU?

Whats a DLV? Is there a good place to learn this stuff without getting my ass shot off?
Old 2003-09-16, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

okay, adv hack makes all hacking quicker and lets u hack terms like eq terms and vechical terms. DLV stands for darklight vision. it lets u see inflatratoirs ie: invisable players. it will take a little while 2 get used 2 flying a vechical. ive flown every vechical in planetside that they have out. i suggest that u go to the vr vechical area and pratice. start out with the skeeter first. its fast and munervable. now, enginerring is good if your plaing on being a fighter, get ce, or have some support roles. if u get it for just vechicals, u wont have much work unless your empire dosent have a dropship center.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dalcais
Private

Basic Hacking lets you hack Medical terminals. Advanced hacking lets you hack equipment and vehicle terminals as well as letting you hack vehicles. Also lets you hack bases and towers ALOT quicker.

Having advanced hacking is very useful because you can hack equipment terminals to resuppply your squad while the base is being hacked. or steal vehicles from careless enemies.

As far as implants. Audio Amplifier or Darklight are a good initial, and Surge is a must too. Remember you can always remove an implant and pick another one if you dont like it.

Audio will show enemies on your radar if they are running close buy. Darklight will reduce your range of vision but let you see stealthers alot easier. I've found audio to be incredibly useful, then again I rarely having troubles spotting stealthers.

Advanced Regeneration is very useful too, especially if you don't plan on certing in Medical. 2 medikits and regeneration will increase your survival

Medium assault is a good basic cert to have, though if you want to play a grunt then reinforced exo armour is a must too. Basic engineering wil allow you to repair armour and vehicles (though you might just only carry the infantry repair tool) and basic medical will let you heal yourself and others (better than carrying medikits). Also just a bit more advice, invest in a vehicle you can drive wearing reinforced armour. the ATV or Harasser are good choices. After that look at other weapon certs. Special assault is a nice cert to have too.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

u can hack vechical with out adv hack, ive tryed, it just take 1 hell of a long time. like 2 minutes for an ams insted of 60 secs with adv hack.

Last edited by STEALTHKILLER; 2003-09-16 at 03:53 PM.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I maintain that Surge is roughly twice as good as most of the other implants, with the exception of DL, Audio and Adv. Targ, which it is about 50% better than.

Surge all the way. It doesn't require enemy presence to be useful.

Just my opinion.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-09-16, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

No hack= Doors and CC.
Basic Hack= Vehicles, lockers(bugged last time I checked), and medical terminals. You hack doors and cc in about 75% of the time it takes without hacking.
Adv. Hack= Vehicle terminals and equipment terminals. You hack everything faster than basic hack. You can hack CCs and doors in about 50% of the time it takes with no hacking(30 seconds on a CC).

If you're going to be a grunt, get Heavy Assault and Reinforced armor. A buggy/ATV can be useful, but not essential if you have a good squad/outfit to run with. Surge is very usefull, especial in combonation with the sweeper/HA.

Special assault will allow you to fairly easaly dispose of any MAX except the pounder, which you will need AV to fight outdoors. If you're fighting a pounder indoors, expect to die.

Medical is extreamly useful, especialy in combonation with engineering. These alow you to bring yourself back up to full health in a short time while behind cover. Since I got both of these certifications, I've had problems with running out of ammo before dieing. This never happened prior to Medical.

Last edited by SandTrout; 2003-09-16 at 05:10 PM.
Old 2003-09-16, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

heres my setup, as a BR16:

-MEd Assault
-Reinforced
-Anti-Vehicular
-Engineering
-Adv Medic
-Scattercannon MAX
Old 2003-09-16, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

My BR 18 setup:
Infiltration Suit
Combat Engineer
Medical 1
Adv. Hacking
Medium assault
AMS
Sparrow

Implants:
Surge
Darklight Vission
Audio Amp
Old 2003-09-16, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

my br 14 setup:

Standard ExoSuit
Agile ExoSuit
Standard Assault
Infiltration Suit
Hacking
Advanced Hacking
Medical
Engineering
Advanced Nanite Transporter
Reaver

implants:
dark light
surge

my br 10 setup

Standard ExoSuit
Agile ExoSuit
Standard Assault
Medium Assault
Reinforced ExoSuit
Sniping
ATV
Special Assault

implants:
adv targeting
Old 2003-09-16, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

im a inf from time to time and i love ADV hacking. Its great even if your not a inf. With it your not as reliant on others.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-09-17, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Darklight is extremely vauable. I've had mine ever since I was able to get an implant. DL is very valuable against Infiltrators. That's just my opinion. It would however tie into your Hacking very well. You will want to be able to see infiltrators when you do hacking.
Old 2003-09-17, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

My BR 16 Setup:

Cert Points: 19

Medium Assault - 2
Anti-Vehicle - 3
Reinforced Exo Suit - 3
Engineering - 3
Adv. Medic - 5
Lightning - 3

Implants: