The Decimatior - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't feed the Sigbot please!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-18, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

The Decimatior

Ive never used special assualt, but last night, i decided to give it a go.

Using the decimator, i noticed 2 fire modes, one fires the rocket, but the second lets you watch it through the nose camera... but i could not stear the rocket or anything, so is the second fire mode a TOW missile or just a missile with a view ?

Old 2003-09-18, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Cyskoraeban
Corporal

The reason the cam is on there is so you can detonate the rocket by clicking again. If you are shooting at a MAX at long range, and you barely miss, you can detonate it right next to him, still doing a significant amount of damage.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone

~Third
Old 2003-09-18, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

No, you are right. It's a dumbfire mode that lets you see how close your getting, and it allows you to detonate. Actually, I think this is the only mode of the decimator that allows that, but I'm not sure. I'd have to try to primary in the VR and see. But yes, secondary mode is to allow a camera view and detonation ability if your rocket is going to miss. I've scared many snipers with this.
Old 2003-09-18, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

ah ha!.

Yeah, ive never seen any mention of the missile being a TOW, like the Peonix, but when i used it, saw this second mode, and thought "thats weird, i never knew the decimator had a second mode".

But now you guys say it, yeah, that sounds like the only plasable use for it, it does explode when you click to release the camra
view.

thx!!!

Old 2003-09-18, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, but the damage totally sux if you dont hit dead on, but its still better than nothing i spose
Old 2003-09-18, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Trencher
Private

For what it's worth, I have more Reaver and Skeeter kills than any other vehicle and I'd say 99% of them were done with the Decimator's secondary mode. The splash damage from detonating a near miss is decent and really the only way to take out a moving target with the Decimator. You just have to get comfortable with the speed of the rocket and make a good educated guess on the lead and if you do miss (likely) you can still cause damage by detonation at it's closest point. I've gotten so effective with it that I've even received quite a few tells from confused enemies wondering how I took them down like that. Two thumbs up!
Old 2003-09-18, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Acaila
First Lieutenant

1 direct hit and 2 detonations within 2' = dead max.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion