Welcome to vehicleside - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's a Hammaboo? Is it poisionous?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-18, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Doppler
Crazy. Have you ever been near a hovercraft of any type? They make a lot of noise, anything that generates a large magnetic field (Magrider, think about it) generates a lot of noise.

My god you get A) A tank with a foreward and main gun B) direct fire so aiming is much eisier aiming C) both weapons can engage low flying aircraft and troops on walls. Yet you want to bitch about making it non silent. Fuck a wraith and and basalisk makes more noise then a mag and you dont find it a little bit odd.
The Magrider is a futuristic hovercraft using reverse engineered vanu technology. Last I checked modern hovercrafts use combustion engines and fans, yes, very noisy.
Magrider could use a large magnetic field, but I haven't seen any information providing that it would. Besides, it is vanu technology. If the Mag's engine WAS noisy the technology most likely included sound damping. In the reports of UFO sightings you don't hear a lot about how they rev the engine and backfire as the land in the backyard.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion