Why doesn't TR use the Prowler more? No flaming please... - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I see the light...IT BURNS!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-20, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Cease
First Sergeant

Exactly Sago, that was my point. When it comes to tank support, its often in many other forms than tank vs tank. I still hop into Prowlers every chance I get, and I'm still of the opinion tanks battles more often than not come down to which tank lands the first shot. I have yet to be in a tank vs tank battle where the enemy landed every shot they took -- even Magriders miss.

I think the Prowler is underrated and not used enough. Which in turn means that TR doesn't get the experience in using and gunning for them. If you don't use them, you don't learn HOW to use them. Its not uncommon to see some NC and VS be have dedicated tank teams. This not only brings armor consistently to the battlefield, but it consistenly puts players in the driver and gunner seats giving them the practice they need to hone their skills.

There is a learning curve when gunning/driving vehicles. If you don't do it often enough then you won't be all that good at it and you'll suffer a LOT of misses.
Old 2003-09-20, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Jagd
Major

I just wish they didn't have such a comical trajectory for the tank shells, otherwise I'd use them more. In BF42 (actually DC because the original has stupid projectile arcs as well) I use tanks probably 80% of the time and love em, but in Planetside it's too hard to aim on the move and nothing is more annoying then a driver who keeps driving around spastically getting shot to pieces.

And sure you can use a tanks for their shock and awe power if that's what you're into, but I'd prefer if they did that in addition to helping me rack up a boatload of kills like they're supposed to. Put simply, the Prowler is crap right now, and I can't wait for the balance pass.... unless they screw with my Pounder.
Old 2003-09-21, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
noxious
Second Lieutenant

If you read the post just above yours I wouldn't have to post this... Yes, there is an arc, yes, you have to *gasp* practice to learn it. But once you do, you will be highly effective with it, and it WILL get you the boatload of kills you desire. You can't expect instant gratification, not in the real world, or in most games. What's the fun if you can master a weapons system in ten minutes?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion