CR 5 Global chat timer - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please turn off all cellphones before entering forums.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-10-12, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Otis
Master Sergeant

CR 5 Global chat timer

I think you should only be able to use the Global chat every hour or so. I see so many CR 5s using Global chat to say things like, Nice job on Oshur, Ok, I'm going to go to bed now see'ya. They ALWAYS say stupid stuff like that. Continental chat could be a 1/2 hour, but these Devs have to think of a way to tone down the spam.
Old 2003-10-12, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

i dont agree, sorry...as a CR5, cont chat can be very important, and many people agree that i give perople good info, and not spam every time it is needed. (i might add more to this post later :o )
Old 2003-10-12, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Angry Arggggggggh

Why do people keep bringing this up? If you dont like the way one person is using global chat put THAT PERSON on ignore, and whats problem with a CR5 complimenting their troops, does it really bother you that much?

There already isnt enough good routes of communication in this game and you want to take away one of the few people have? Great so we can limit ourselves to every half hour the CR5's give a general idea of where they want the zerg to go, yea that does people a lot of good.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-10-12, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

If they could only use it every hour or so it would be useless. Do what I do, if you notice a CR5 who continually says stupid shit /ignore them.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-10-12, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bryan25
Sergeant Major

they will probably have restrictions cuzz there is gonna be alot of CR5s by the end of this year.,
Old 2003-10-12, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Why in the hell would they have restrictions? Just put the people who you think are spamming on ignore.
Old 2003-10-12, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jagd
Major

Or do like I do, and hunt them down and mercilessly TK them until they stop.
Old 2003-10-12, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

lol jagd
Old 2003-10-12, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jagd
Major

It works too, cause the CR5s who spam crap about beddie-bye-time are panzies who don't know how to defend themselves. Worst case scenario is you get to make an awesome Indiana Jones style escape if they try and sic they're outfit on ya.
Old 2003-10-12, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Indecisive
Major General

<insert raiders of the lost ark theme here>
Old 2003-10-13, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Global chat should only go to cr4 and cr5 players. There's no reason a cr0 grunt needs to get orders directly from a cr5. It makes the chain of command worthless.

I can understand resentment towards cr5s. Thanks to the broken experience point system at launch, many cr5s are those who skated from SOI to SOI soaking up ridiculous amounts of CEP until they had several characters on several servers that were br20/cr5. This may have been a way for the devs, their friends and the senior beta testers to become powerful quickly, but I have no proof. The fact is, though, it now takes an amazing time commitment to become cr5, assuming you can even find experienced players who will join your squad, considering how many need CEP themselves.

I want PlanetSide to drop the attempted RPG interface. I doubt it so sincerely, though, that I instead hope the next MMOCG doesn't repeat the mistake.

If you're mad about anything in this post, lighten up. I like the game fine, but reserve the right to criticize it.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-10-13, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

I never thought there should be a limit on CR5 chatter until we ended up with however many CR5's we have now. It should not be an hour, more like every 10-20m for global, and maybe every 15 for cont.

Either way, it probably wont be changed.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-10-13, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

This may have been a way for the devs, their friends and the senior beta testers to become powerful quickly, but I have no proof.
That's the worst consipracy theory I've ever heard >_<

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion