The Galaxy Solution. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: because you're too young for playboy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-09, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Kyonye
Contributor
General

gals are only fun if you know how to drive one. like me, i don't know how to pilot any of the air vehicles, so i stick to the ground in my lightning where i belong.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-12-09, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Octavian
Colonel

Well I could teach you, provided you play on Emerald, ditch the Lightning cert and get a gal cert.
Old 2003-12-09, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
EarlyDawn
Major General

Someone had a nice idea, a teleporter somewhere in every base called the "boarding gate". Stepping into it would teleport you into any approperate, open slot on a galaxy that has manually flipped on a new toggle for this feature on the vehicle permission page.

Oh, and give it an equipment terminal.
Old 2003-12-09, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Octavian
Well I could teach you, provided you play on Emerald, ditch the Lightning cert and get a gal cert.

well i do play on emerald but i'm really not into gals. my lightning suits me well and so does my MCG and stryker. we could use you octavian in our outfit =NaA=.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-12-10, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

i concur. the Galaxy is a fine ship. she's big and slow, but i'll never hold that against her. i can't imagine any battle without her. for she, along with her younger sister Loadstar, put the "Mobile" in Air Mobile. i mean, with out Moblie, you got nothing but Air. and air isn't strategically viable.
Old 2003-12-10, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
TeraHertz
Major

yes. the galaxy is great, it's just a pian to pilot it.
Old 2003-12-10, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Fenrys
Major

Taking the auto-land feature a step further, I think a waypoint system could be of use as well.

With the Ground Support cert, you can drive an AMS to the battle, deploy it, join in the action, and the AMS is still serving its role in brining troops to the front lines.

With a Gal, the piolet is kept away from the fighting - not fun. However, if the piolet could designate landing points and layover times, they could still get their share of kills. For example, I may want my Gal to fly over an enemy base, auto-eject everyone at a certain point over it, fly itself back to a friendly base, auto-land in the CY, wait 5 minutes, and do it again (meanwhile I'm on the ground fighting).
Old 2003-12-10, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Indecisive
Major General

I say:

with the HART you can only land on friendly locked contients. Period. You should absoultly be required to use a warpgate to get on to an enemy continent.
Old 2003-12-10, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Jagd
Major

They need a mini galaxy (the Asteroid???) that doesn't need a fuggen dropship center to create. A 5 seat, defenseless troop transport aircraft. As it is now, Galaxies and Lodestars hardly ever affect a battle's outcome because they are so hard to come by.
Old 2003-12-10, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Octavian
Colonel

So hard to come by? I see bloody Lodestars and Galaxies everywhere.

Woohoo a Master Sergeant! Two promotions in less than a week!
Old 2003-12-10, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Jagd
They need a mini galaxy (the Asteroid???) that doesn't need a fuggen dropship center to create. A 5 seat, defenseless troop transport aircraft. As it is now, Galaxies and Lodestars hardly ever affect a battle's outcome because they are so hard to come by.
yeah, good idea.
Old 2003-12-11, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Jagd
perhaps a 6 seat slick with a pair of rotary chainguns? (ala UH-1 iroquois?)

i know what you're thinking and the answer is, THE PILOT ISN'T SUPPOSED TO JUMP OUT OF THE FECKING SHIP! HE STAYS ON STATION AND MAKES SURE THE BOYS ON THE GROUND ARE WELL FECKING SUPPLIED! oh, you're sad because you can't get any kills? your "l337 pwnz0r1/\/g 5k1||zzz" are going to waste? well tuff fecking balls! you paid for the Air support cert, that means you're flyin' an air taxi! you don't like it, well then stop bitching and go get yerself a mosquito or reaver and leave the galaxy to the true galaxy pilots.
Old 2003-12-11, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Alarinn
Private

word man, word!
Old 2003-12-11, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Damnit Jagd, I've been wishing this since beta.

Take the Deliverer, slap the wings and tail from a Liberator on it and Voila, you have the Osprey, a quick and nimble 5-man transport.
Old 2003-12-11, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Ed the MAD
your "l337 pwnz0r1/\/g 5k1||zzz" are going to waste? well tuff fecking balls! you paid for the Air support cert, that means you're flyin' an air taxi! you don't like it, well then stop bitching and go get yerself a mosquito or reaver and leave the galaxy to the true galaxy pilots.

Don't turn my thread into a flame.

Last edited by TeraHertz; 2003-12-11 at 04:52 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion