Splash Damage - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: That red alert? Oh its nothing, I swear
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-15, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Splash Damage

This is a question directly related to the Phoenix and Decimator (as those are the only two missiles that can be remote detonated). I've been killed a number of times in a MAX suit by either one where I was certain that I'd just barely avoided the missile. At the time I chalked it up to client side hit detection, that maybe on their screen the missile hit even though it didn't happen on my screen. Then I went to my emerald NC character and certed in the Phoenix to try it out some, and killed a few MAXs that I'd missed with the Phoenix by remote detonating next to them. I don't know if they were almost dead, or if the splash damage is WAY greater than I'd been giving it credit for. I've heard the deci splash was pretty extreme but don't really know the numbers on it. Does anybody know the deci/Phoenix splash values?
Old 2003-12-15, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

No.

Old 2003-12-15, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TeraHertz
Major

thanks for the info. hadn't really realised it before, but that explains the apparent near misses damaging me. I thought it was the kind of thing along the lines of when you surge out of the way of a vehicle by a good 10m and they still kill you.
Old 2003-12-15, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by SilverLord
No.
Old 2003-12-15, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Fenrys
Major

I just want to know why a direct hit to a max with a Deci will take off a good ~500 armor but a direct hit to a grunt will only take them to 1/2 health?
Old 2003-12-15, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Fenrys
I just want to know why a direct hit to a max with a Deci will take off a good ~500 armor but a direct hit to a grunt will only take them to 1/2 health?
Its for balance, wouldnt want everyone running around with 5 decis in theyre inventory blowing up every guy they see would you?
Old 2003-12-15, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Deci has a huge splash and it carries most of its damage out to the edges of that splash.

It's really cheap for so many reasons.

edit: Deci is 400 damage.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-15, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Fenrys
Major

*shrug* 500 was a guestamate. Thx for actual #
Old 2003-12-15, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The deci is grossly overpowered against MAXs. Considering the inventory commitment and the damage output against MAXs, this is totally unacceptable.

The AV/Decimator problems are quite interesting. AV basically sucks against vehicles. When I play my NC character I dont even bother shooting at a Tank because its just a waste of ammo. I cant carry enough ammo to even blow up a tank. The decimator is also an interesting issue. Great on tanks and Vehicles. In fact, it works the way AV should work, except for it is just disgustingly overpowered against MAXs.

Devs: Please boost the ammo boxes for AV and tone down the damage Decis do to MAXs
Old 2003-12-15, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Deci is fine against MAXs, the only problem is it's splash. The only way a decimator should do damage with splash is if the guy was against a wall, and you missed by 1/4 cm.
Old 2003-12-15, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Deci is fine against MAXs, the only problem is it's splash. The only way a decimator should do damage with splash is if the guy was against a wall, and you missed by 1/4 cm.
Uhh, yeah thats why the Decimator is NOT fine against MAXs right now. I would be more than satisfied if they lowered the splash on the Deci but other than MAX suits I think the splash is fine. The Deci is really the only good infantry weapon against vehicles and if they screwed up the splash damage, it would mess that up. I would rather they allow MAXs to mitigate Decimator damage in a more balanced way. Its just WRONG on so many levels that a surging agile has the posibility of taking out 2+ AI MAXs at once with a single decimator (watch a Deci user come up behinde some TR MAXs anchored in a stairwell sometime)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion