What would you drop Heavy Assault for? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: i never see my quotes wtf...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: What would you drop Heavy Assault for if it changed and you decided to switch up?
Special Assault 6 21.43%
Anti-Vehicular 2 7.14%
Sniping 2 7.14%
Reinforced Exosuit 0 0%
Uni-MAX or a single MAX 6 21.43%
Ground Support 0 0%
Galaxy/Lodestar/Liberator/Deliverer/Sunderer 0 0%
Armored Assault, empire buggy/Skygaurd, Harasser 1 3.57%
An equipment skill (Hacking, Medical, Engineering) 5 17.86%
Something else not on this list, or two things (please list them) 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-12-14, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Jagd
Major

I would go for Ground Support and Ground Transport, the most helpful teamplay certs in the game.
Old 2003-12-14, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
TeraHertz
Major

They sure are.
I'd feel like a freeloader in my outfit without them.
Old 2003-12-14, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I already got rid of it for my beloved reaver, i missed her so much. And i still am very leathal with my guass. Surge and Pshield behind someone and open upo in 3 round bursts.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-14, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Cauldron Borne
Captain

I'd swich out for ATV and ground trans, or maybe engi and ATV dunno which. the cycler owns. the MCG is its big brother, but the cycler still owns. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2003-12-14, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sentrosi
I'm TR. I wouldn't touch the Uni-Max cert. I'd just spend the 2 points on the Burster Max. It's the only MAX worth a damn right now to the TR.

That MAX rocks. If you make a new TR, give him this max cert. You'll be BR6 in no time from blowing reavers and skeets out of the air. I'm getting as much for a downed reaver as I get for capturing a base it seems. I just hate it when they wuss out and try to bail. They usually die anyway.. and you dont get the nice exp shot..

Hey all you pilots, take your ass whoopin like a man. Ride it into the ground! :P
Old 2003-12-14, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

HA blows. It's all about the boomer.

Old 2003-12-14, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

All my certs are spent, I'm lvl 20, so getting rid of HA is srtupid for me, unless I want Reaver, to which, I'm not really up to. I like it, but I run out of ammo way too damn fast. Plus, I have the tendency to just say fuck it, and ram my nme, rather than fire. It sure messes with their heads, but it makes for a pretty short ride.

Or I could spend it on two certs. This is all assuming that I actually WANTED to get rid of HA. I don't. I have 3 weapon skills. If they raised BR to 24 I would just get more weapon skills, trade ArAssault for Reaver, and keep on wracking the kills.
Old 2003-12-15, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Cauldron Borne
Captain

PH33R T3H B00M3R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2003-12-16, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

I don't have HA. So it will be mute

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-16, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

I dropped HA tonight,just got bored of surge+jackhammer.
With the 7 points (mosq+ha), I got air cav and re-exo.

Re-exo is alot better for indoor combat (sweeper+deci), as I live a bit longer and don't die much to maxs anymore (use to switch jh with deci in inv in agile, much easier w/ rexo). Also, I tend to live alot longer outdoors with my guass/deci loadout.

Reaver gives me something to do in zerg battles, since my FPS is usually very poor.

Getting more kills with reaver, guass,sweeper,deci than I did with jackhamme, deci ,mosq .
Old 2003-12-16, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

Already did- I dumped Rexo and HA for the UNI-max cert. I just don't live long enough in anything but a max anymore.
Old 2003-12-16, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Veteran
Let's say that the devs made Heavy Assault fair and balanced at last, whether by repairing Surge or by making rexo a prerequisite. What would you spend those sweet, sweet credits on?

This isn't a discussion of the nature of Surge or Heavy Assault or a free chance to flame me. I'm interested to see what kinds of new things we can expect to see when the Heavy Assault situation changes, which it seems very likely to do soon.
Well you didn't want it, but here it comes anyway

Heavy assault already IS fair and balanced, or at least, more balanced than you make it out to be. Regardless, I don't understand the question. Is it, "If they nerf heavy assault so much that you don't want to use it, what will you spend the certs on?" I hope that's not what you're assuming is going to happen. If they make HA unattractive, I'll quit the game, because it's one of my favorite things in the game. Now, if your question is, "If they make it so you can't be a surgile HA monkey anymore, what will you do with the certs?" then that's totally different. I sometimes do this, but I'm 90% a rexo grunt. So if they nerf surge or make rexo a requirement for HA, my answer is that I'll keep HA anyway. It's too much fun!
Old 2003-12-16, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
ViperGTS
Banned

I will nver ever touch HA....EVER!!!!
Old 2003-12-16, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Ground Support and Ground Transport are great team certs, but don't forget the hackers and engineers. Not only do they give up 3 to 5 credits, but they don't even get a car for it.

Quick Robin, to the hackermobile!

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-16, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Jagd
Major

Agreed...but no advanced skill can even come close to helping your team out as much as having both of those vehicle certs. Personally, I think that means the skills need a buff more than anything.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion