PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Self-destruct sequence acivated.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-12-20, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Jagd
Major

Hey, that is the exact same error that came up for everyone using Win98 and WinME the day of the server merger. They had a patch to resolve it the next day, so I don't know how you are still getting that. Have you emailed the devs? Send the contents of that whole first post of yours to them via email and see what they say.

Very very strange though, that is exactly the same message as the show stopper bug from 2 weeks ago.
Old 2003-12-20, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
DeSTRoYa
Private

Things I have tried already:

-Restart computer (pffft.)
-Full scan (laff...)
-Reinstalling Planetside
-Reformat computer
-Scandisk (Surface scan)
-Defrag
-Various versions of Catalyst and Omega Drivers
-Updated SB Audigy 2 drivers
-Updated nForce 2 MB drivers
-Adaware scan
-Various settings in Plantetside including very lowest
-Reinstalled Dx 9.0b
-Disabling sound totally
-Disabling startup services
(probably more I can't remember)

Ugh...I've tried to much. I'm going to try removing a stick of RAM...I guess. In the meantime...any other suggestions?
Old 2003-12-20, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ait'al
Contributor
General

And remember you odnt have to show us all the stuff really in the first two posts(its all just what is physicaly in you comp) well the drivers can help. 8) you just need to show us the one that showed what your comip was doing(always go with the log file and your OS and some basic stuff) We need more log files! ^^ Tell me if there was something else in the first post i didnt notice. Er The patch for 98 couldnt have helped because hes not useing it. Unless hes running some old 98 drive for this that was causing hte problem but then id immagine it be fixed so...? um, I cant really think specifically what this could be 8( i need to get up to where i can do this sorta thing farly easily again. But did you try deleting a cache file or getting a fresh copy of hte file causing errors off hte cd and renaming hte old one to see if it still does this. Im not sure it this would cuase problems on its own from patches though or if it would dl the upgrade to fix it. I would hope so though! 8\ What does it do physically when it has the problem. Were you in a more intense area everytime, around a specific think in the game...... etc. anything you always notice? or specificaly notice happaning that sounds interesting?
Old 2003-12-20, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I don't know this is a realy wierd but, if you reformated your comuter, you started fresh, so i think its some kind of hardware incompatability, at a low level, mabe a bad ram stick or some incompatable hardware

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-20, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ait'al
Contributor
General

OH he reformated! yea check what he said 8p Wait didnt he reformat after the problem though ??
Old 2003-12-21, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Looks like you're still using over 200 megs ram at idle. Try and slim some of the fat off XP. Look for some XP tuning sites via google. It will give you a list of crap services you can turn off safely to help ease memory usage.

As for those memory controllers, they should have drivers installed. Go to nvidia's website and d/l the 3.13 nforce drivers and load those ASAP.
Old 2003-12-21, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
DeSTRoYa
Private

I was having the problem before I reformatted also. I tryed to install the 3.13 Drivers, but the installer will not launch...which is kinda weird and uncool. I've already tried "slimming down" stuff happening in XP, but the problem still occurs. No matter what I do, this son of a - female dog will not work. Also, the problems occur randomly, just bam. No notice or hints that it will happen, and there is no link between them. SO...

Add this to the list, I had forgot about this one....

-Deleting the .lst files and machine.ini

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGH!

/looksforsomethingsharptostabhiseyes
Old 2003-12-21, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

If you can't run the driver installer you got some problems. Did you run prime95?
Old 2003-12-21, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
DeSTRoYa
Private

Prime95...I looked for it...but I couldn't find it. I'll look again. Can ya give me a link?
Old 2003-12-22, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm
Old 2003-12-22, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
DeSTRoYa
Private

I fail to see how this Prime95 is testing my memory...What is this BS that it will take over a freaking month?
Old 2003-12-22, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Under the options pull down there is a "torture test" option. It pretty much runs indefintely. Most ppl let it run for 24 hrs. If you don't get any errors from this or memtest86... then your cpu/mem should be fine.
Old 2003-12-23, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
DeSTRoYa
Private

I believe I have solved the problem. Yesterday I played for an hour and no freezing. Today I played for 3 hours, and also no freezing.
What I changed:

My screen when I first start up my computer always had said my memory was dual running at 200 MHz. My Proccessor runs at 166 MHz. I changed the memory to also run at 166 MHz, and now the problem is gone.

/happy

DeSTRoYa
Old 2003-12-24, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Should always run your memory sync with cpu for best results. Looks like you were pushing the memory faster than it could handle at whatever timings you have. You could prolly pump up the voltage a little to it to help stability, but its best sync anyway.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum