PSU: What is this "Life" you speak of?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-02-09, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

I fixed every single one of my problems today. Went from a packet loss of 5+, FPS of ~80-100, and a downstream always way in the red to 0.1 packet loss, FPS of 150+, and downstream bouncing green/yellow.

You know what I did today?

c:\format c:

Yup, clean install of Windows XP PRO. Installed all of the newest drivers. Now my baby is back running like a dream. I think the problem was just a years worth of driver updates and Planetside updates. With both of those I think they always leave a little bit of the crap from the old files behind. These build up after a while and start hosing your system.

If all else fails, format and reinstall. Worked for me.
Old 2004-02-10, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
omegice
Private

i noticed the exact same thing, i somehow managed to screw up my computer trying to get some new drivers so i reformated it and reinstalled windows, with the proper drivers for my graphics card i can now run at 8x agp and when i ran planetside it ran like a dream, before i was getting at maximum 30fps outside with noone around now i get depending on how many trees and stuff from 60fps to 90fps, this has allowed me to actualy win fights more often and not jeark about so much, if anyone is having problems with fps i definatly recommend this if it has been a long time since it has been done.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum