PSU: Where Rank doesn't matter!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 2003-01-25, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
chaos1428
Master Sergeant

I'm not trying to convince anybody that I am right, but all I get is people trying to prove me wrong (Lex, not you). I'm sorry I could not find more info on the subject for you, but I thank you for the open mind, Lex
Old 2003-01-25, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Unknown
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Sputty
Heh, alot of Physicists have said it is possible including Einstein.
Sorry, I should have added an IMO to that. At least I don't think it's possible the way I've seen it portrayed ("Hollywood'ized", etc.). IMO, if time travel were ever possible then it would be more like "The Time Machine", and less like "Back to the Future". In the time machine he sat still in some type of bubble as time passed by all around him, whereas in BttF, he got in a time machine (a DeLorean [sp?]) and when he reached the right speed, just disappeared and reappeared at the correct time in the exact location. Of the two, The Time Machine is the most probably, however, I don't think the same method could be used for travelling backwards through time.

I just thought of something funny. Following my method of thinking, where if you disappear and reappear in the exact location only at some point in the future/past, and ended up in space somewhere. If that were indeed possible and energy efficient, then I'd bet the most common use for it would be waste disposal
Old 2003-01-25, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

"Heh, alot of Physicists have said it is possible including Einstein"

I'm not weighing in on the issue, but thought I'd mention that Einstein was wrong more than he was right. Just a little fyi.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-01-25, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

E=MC 2
Old 2003-01-25, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Hijinks
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by chaos1428
I'm not trying to convince anybody that I am right, but all I get is people trying to prove me wrong (Lex, not you). I'm sorry I could not find more info on the subject for you, but I thank you for the open mind, Lex
When you make a claim, you should expect people to argue with you. You can produce no evidence that what you say is true so you just cry about people proving you wrong.
Old 2003-01-25, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
RabidPlatypus
Sergeant

Originally posted by [sF]Diego
I personally believe he should be banned..
grow up you little wannabe admin.. I swear nobody else seems to mind what I say except you.
Old 2003-01-25, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
chaos1428
Master Sergeant

Settle down Hijinks. I don't really give a shit what you think about it all. Nor am I "crying" about being proven wrong. Since I am not trying to prove anything. I don't feel like I've been proven wrong, anyway. I have my beliefs, and theories, and nothing you can say will change that, dispte how many dispersions you cast.

Just seemed like this topic was getting a little one sided. Lex asked for some websites, so I gave him some. For some reason, Hijinks, you seem to have been personally attacking me, and Rev, with all this shit. You want to call me names, and tell me why you're better than me? Where the hell do you get off? This topic seems to be bothering you on a much more personal level.

And please explain how I've been proven wrong? So far, all I've heard is opinions. And only a few intelligent opnions.
Old 2003-01-25, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Ok guys, hamma's going to be here with the big stick soon. Cut it out. These forums are not the flame happy official ones. Send each other pm's if you want a personal confrontation. Keep it clean here, we don't want that kind of behavior.

And yes, the kettle is black.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-01-25, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
Hamma
PSU Admin

On that note. lock.

Lets keep things civil around here please.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge