Buff the Mael Primary? =\ - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's been done.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-18, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Buff the Mael Primary? =\

As it is we know the Maelstrom grenades are total ownage, I mean... pweenage
However all it really does is grenade whore and sometimes primary if inside friendly soi with equip mod, its jsut not efficent at all in primary, The ttk under 5m is also really long, plus it chews up the ammo which is so much more efficient in grenade form.

All its primary does is defend from base walls because it has no damage degradation and is just not any good 1v1 or 1v2 because it is so slow to kill and it only really hits one person at a time.

Grenades are overpowered, clearing out ams's faster than os's and primary is gimped to all-hell.

I dunno, I really hope they are planning on rebalencing the core combat weapons, from time to time the mael is fun, but its just not very practical outside of such defencive circumstances.

EDIT: Oh yeah, petition to get button to turn off exp spam, I really dont need ot know that person xyz gave me 253 exp, I mean occasionally it is fun to look at tank/lib kills and count up the exp gain, but most of the time it is just clutter.

Last edited by Eldanesh; 2004-03-18 at 09:24 PM.
Old 2004-03-18, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Neat, and yer right. AT weapons do kinda need some insentive behind their use. The coolest thing happened to the Cloakers, though. Now the spiker kicks arse. Total Infl > all infantry ownage, in the right hands.

Also, taking a good look at yer screeny i notice: 6medpaks AND a med applicator?...

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-03-18, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Yes, 6 medkits and a med ap. I was running 2 decis and 2 medkits, but I decided in the situations where I used maelstrom, towers, towers, towers and um, ams's it was more valuable to have a ton of backup medkits so I can run in, start jabbing fire + surge + medkit and run out with about 5-10 kills and then not have to restock on medkits.

My normal JH setup only has 2 medkits + deci

Oh and side note about that picture, when I said that maelstrom can clear out an ams faster than an OS, it is because I didnt start firing until after Lev had fired his OS, so in a few seconds before the OS cound come down, 3-4 lash-grenades... Its like a frikken hand-held flail.

Last edited by Eldanesh; 2004-03-18 at 10:00 PM.
Old 2004-03-18, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Acaila
First Lieutenant

I disagree with the primary being gimped. I use a maelstrom whenever I have access to it, for ranges over 10m up to its maximum, the maelstrom primary kicks anythings' ass. It has about the same damage output as a Gauss, with a bigger clip, better CoF, no CoF blooming and a shorter max range. Buffing primary would through it out of wack, it would have no draw backs. Currently the only draw back is that >10m, all the other HA has a better TTK, however it is still competative.
Old 2004-03-18, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

When I mentioned buffing the primary, I think the debuffing of secondary was implied, also my problem with it is when you do not have infinite ammo (equip mod) the ammo drain is too out of wack, and also for the amount of effort one has to go through to get it, I expect it to be as good as any other HA and not just something people use to randomly spam hallways.
Old 2004-03-18, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Cauldron Borne
Now the spiker kicks arse.
It has always been a very good weapon since it first came out in the Core Combat expansion.
Old 2004-03-19, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

...I think it's fine, tbh. You can get kills with it, and you can get killed with it. It's probably one of the worst weapons to use in the caverns, cos of the range thing, which makes no sense. Now...if the switchblade was worth having, I'd so cert in that.
Old 2004-03-19, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Eldanesh
I expect it to be as good as any other HA and not just something people use to randomly spam hallways.
Smoke has already publically stated that the Maelstrom (as planned) is the strongest out of all the HA weapons. You'll have a tough time selling a buff on the weapon he sees as the strongest.
Old 2004-03-19, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

But we want it! Erego Smoke must give it to us!

</sarcasm>

The Maelstrom is quite powerful in the hands of a good user. I have a feeling it will be the NC Surgile weapon of choice after this next patch.
Old 2004-03-19, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Krinsath
I have a feeling it will be the NC Surgile weapon of choice after this next patch.
Most definatly.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion