Post your own Vehicle Varations! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't feed the Monkeys
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-14, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Post your own Vehicle Varations!

A Thread I made on the OF:
http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...ssage.id=43816
Old 2004-04-14, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Seer
Major

This is proof that people on the of haven't the faintest idea of what game balance is...

For a major laugh check out this guy:

I don't think that any Vehicles with AA weapons should be added. There is a LOT of AA as it is.

Still... My ideas are for Aircraft.
Annihilator:
Liberator with No Bomber and Four Reaver Rocket Pods under the wings.
The Speed remains the same.
No Afterburners.
Front Cannon reduced to a 20mm.
Rear cannon remains the same.

Cleaver:
Reaver with no Rocket Pods.
4 20mm Cannons instead of 2.
Same speed.
Afturburners
Oh, and this is important. The 20mm cannons Shoot at the same **bleep** time! Not that alternating crap we have now!

Wasp:
A mosqueto with 2 12mm MG's instead of one.
No Radar ability.
Reduced Speeed 12mm Cannons shoot at the same **bleep** time.

His post basically amounts to 'I'm willing to trade in existing advantages for immense, game imbalancing advantages like four 20mms that fire at the same goddamn time. But I give up afterburners! And he doesn't think there should be any more aa. No kidding.

Last edited by Seer; 2004-04-14 at 09:22 PM.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Seer
This is proof that people on the of haven't the faintest idea of what game balance is...

Agreed im with you man. These people apparently do not play in the CY and the outsides of bases to much

Old 2004-04-14, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

I'd like a big vehicle, probably size of a base. It could fly, and could carry one large vehicle and two smaller vehicles and up to 20 individual players. The trunk would be pretty damn big.

Oh yeah, it would have some new weapons, some kind of nuclear missle which could kill everyone on a continent in one shot, and the ability to block out the sun with its size.

Honest.

Old 2004-04-14, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Cauldron Borne
Captain

I want a bouncing betty. Gimme a bouncing betty and I will triple my monthly payments...

Gimme an aa gun that can one shot kill any aircraft and I'll consider giving you your seriously over balanced planes...

Let me sabotage the nuke and I'll let you have it....

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-04-14, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

There should be a SLIGHT tip on the Reaver towards empire characeristics. I.E. Vanu get two Lancers and more speed and handling, at the expense of armor. Terrans get 12mm instead of 20mm, which is weaker, but the guns fire fast enough to make it worth it. Added armor at the expense of speed and handling. NC get 25mm instead of 20mm. No armor change.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-04-15, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I'd like a flail that shot kung-fu ninjas wrapped in bubblewrap, so when they hit the ground, there would be a loud "POPHYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" and the ninja would kill the nearest person, then explode. That wouldn't imbalance anything.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-04-15, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
MYcrimsonTEARS
Corporal

this is all vanu stuff on my ideas but hey.

i call it a shard, its a reaver with dual star fire AA systems and ONE 12mm chaingun... oh ad it has more after burn.

i have a nother one for the lib. i dont have a name but it would have no back gunner and the bommer set is replaced by a under side 360 turret thats armed with two comet AV systems... the pilot has no gun but the vech does have some sorta AMS(anti missel system) and has a little less armor than the gall... vanu tech its great!
Old 2004-04-15, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Napsterr
Private

Hmm and maybe cloakers with CE could get invisible mines and boomers while everyone is giving out all this free stuff.
Old 2004-04-15, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Cryptica
First Sergeant

I'd love to have more vehicles, and empire specific ones are the way to go. I'm tired of all the common pool crap. I think it would add a lot of flair if all (or at least some) of the aircraft were modified to be empire-specific. Also, give each empire its own type of aircraft, just one.
Old 2004-04-15, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
MrPaul
Major

Originally Posted by Cryptica
Also, give each empire its own type of aircraft, just one.
Aye to that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion