Ammo opinion time - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I heard that PlanetSide was gonna be like, kewl or something.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-15, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

32 and 100 is too much. I think 24 and 75 would be perfect.
Old 2004-04-15, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
EarlyDawn
Major General

That seems reasonable.
Old 2004-04-15, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by SilverLord
I agree that the MCG ammo boxes need upped. It takes 20 shots to kill a rexo and thats just to kill him, thats not counting all the missed shots.
Aye Silver. 'Tis true. To get a few decent kills requires 3/4s to the entire round. But yes, N00b - 24 and 75 sounds perfect.

Last edited by AltaEgo; 2004-04-15 at 03:10 PM.
Old 2004-04-15, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by aiwest420
32 and 100 is too much. I think 24 and 75 would be perfect.
Good point; 100 would probably be too much. In compromise, we gain.
Old 2004-04-15, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

I can agree with 24 and 75 for the ammo bumps... I MUCH prefer that to a VS ammo nerf...
Old 2004-04-15, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
SuperBallz
Corporal

Nerf This!! Buff That!!!

Man this funny :P
Old 2004-04-15, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SuperSixOne
i disagree. you work with what you have. Im a support player i hafto cary around medapp / med goo / rek / cud / Pheonix/ Pheonix Ammo / Glue gun / Bank / Engy goo and im rexo. I bareley have enough room for my JH ammo so i make due and only cary two maybe three boxes if im lucky. And only two PX ammo boxes. Im fine with this because im trading my combat ability to cary support equip.

You have some super sized inventory we dont know about??? Lets see here, med app, box of med goo (fine), rek and cud???(what are you smoking), Phoenix and ammo, huge chunk of inventory used up there, why would you carry around a glue gun as a regular grunt...I hope you didnt mean this all in one inventory...Cause it is your own damn fault that you run out of space. You'd be trying to do too much.

= Crack addict
Old 2004-04-15, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Seer
Major

This thread is a re-run. Here are my original thoughts on the matter of ammo boxes:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...7&postcount=16

Original post itself:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=20063

As you can see from the data, technical parity of ha firing times is achieved when you a) halve the lasher box and reduce the shotgun box to 13 or b) increase the shotgun box to 24 and the 9mm box to 100. I personally prefer that the lasher ammo box be effectively halved by making it hold 50 units of energy and consume two cells per shot. However, it should be pointed out that the lasher is an extremely inaccurate weapon even when used properly, and it may be that it expends relatively more ammo per person to make a kill. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

The fact that VS can carry one ammo type for their ha, ma, ap, an ai ammo is an intentional advantage. Arguing it is really less an argument about ammo balance and more an argument about whether they should have that advantage in the first place.

Last edited by Seer; 2004-04-15 at 06:30 PM.
Old 2004-04-15, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Cauldron Borne
Captain

The TR HA weapon is the BIGGEST ammo muncher in the game. My agile guy carries 350 rounds on him (250 in the pack, 100 in the gun). I go through that in no time. I get plenty of kills (maybe 6-8 per pack), but I hate how i can go through all of that in five minutes in a big fight. My VS character can go an hour without needing a re-arm, 30 min in big fights. 30-40+ kills on one pack is kinda rediculous....

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-04-15, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Seer
As you can see from the data, technical parity of ha firing times is achieved when you a) halve the lasher box and reduce the shotgun box to 13 or b) increase the shotgun box to 24 and the 9mm box to 100. I personally prefer that the lasher ammo box be effectively halved by making it hold 50 units of energy and consume two cells per shot. However, it should be pointed out that the lasher is an extremely inaccurate weapon even when used properly, and it may be that it expends relatively more ammo per person to make a kill. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
The problem I have with your data is it matches up "firing times" meaning the time it takes to empty a full magazine... this is nearly useless data because they all have varried magazine sizes, varried rates of fire, and various per hit killing potential.

I think a more accurate rating is how much "killing power" you can haul around in your weapon and in each 9x9 sized ammo box.

I ideally you'd want a grunt of any empire with a set amount of ammo boxes in inventory to be able to kill the same amount of enemies as any other empire grunt... you want to be even in terms of killing potential.
Old 2004-04-15, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Seer
Major

BadAsh, the data is fine because the HA weapons are generally considered, by implicit consensus, to be balanced against each other in most respects. That means that people consider their TTKs and abilities to be reasonable when compared to one another. What remains is how long you can fire the weapon given your ammo. That's the measure of how long you can stay out in the field. And that's what we're talking about here.

If you want to bring in the element of how many rounds an average HA user expends for every kill, then fine, let's bring in that element. Let's also bring in how many people the average HA user kills before dying. I bet the weapons come out even more balanced.

Either way, I'm on your side. My argument is the same as yours and my data supports your conclusions. If you want to bring in new variables that probably won't support your conclusion, I'm all ears.

Last edited by Seer; 2004-04-15 at 07:59 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion