is this game worth getting into please read - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please don't pet the Hamma.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-15, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
moorels
Private

is this game worth getting into please read

hi all im looking for a new mmorpg to get into
i have played ultima online for 2 years then i played neocron for 1 year then i played swg for 3 months and it sucked,what i need to know is does this game have a good pvp system,are the graphics good etc,ive looked into playing ffxi and horizons but they seem kinda gay from reading all the forums and all the bad feedback left me kinda stuck on what game to play,i just need to know on what par this game is to other mmorpg's,thankx for your help
Old 2004-04-15, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Spee
Colonel

First off, PS = NOT a MMORPG. Its a MMOFPS - Massively Multiplayer Online First-Person Shooter. It has RPG elements, but it is still at core, a FPS game.

Now, I havnt played in a long while, so I dont know about the new patches and such, but if you are NOT good with fps-type games, dont even try. The game itself is designed so that people with skill at a low level can easily defeat people with less skill at the highest level.

Also, the game is nothing BUT pvp. There is no quests from NPC's - No NPC's at all. Your squad leader makes the quests. The action is complete player-verse-player.

So yeah.
Old 2004-04-15, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by moorels
hi all im looking for a new mmorpg to get into
i have played ultima online for 2 years then i played neocron for 1 year then i played swg for 3 months and it sucked,what i need to know is does this game have a good pvp system,are the graphics good etc,ive looked into playing ffxi and horizons but they seem kinda gay from reading all the forums and all the bad feedback left me kinda stuck on what game to play,i just need to know on what par this game is to other mmorpg's,thankx for your help
Id go for it. its definately one of the better MMOs out there, especcially if youre looking for something outside the realm of fantasy and stuff. Ive been playing for a year now, and its still in my top 3 games I play on a regular basis.
Old 2004-04-15, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think he knows exactly what this game is all about...

You get weapons and shoot people, the graphics are really good but they could be faster... the devs refuse to do it though.

Go to www.planetside.com and look through the game history and stuff, you can find everything there.

Old 2004-04-15, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SilverLord

You get weapons and shoot people, the graphics are really good but they could be faster... the devs refuse to do it though.

Go to www.planetside.com and look through the game history and stuff, you can find everything there.
o yea that reminds me, if you have a fast machine, I especcially recommend it.
Old 2004-04-15, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
TF_Exit
Private

The best part about the game is deffinitaly the organized outfits, so if your into mass organization with armor, infantry and air support all converging on an objective, then get this. Or if your into shooting the crap outta people then get it too.
Old 2004-04-15, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SilverLord

I know its late to say this but your ingnorant and dumb, the Devs can just go and say "We want them to have better FPS" and then it just happens. the fact is it is about as good as its gona get.

On topic If your looking for an FPS to play give it a try

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-16, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nereid
Corporal

You get a free 7-day trial to play the game with. This is one of the best online games ive ever played. Years before PS I always wanted a massive online FPS with vehicles and stuff and now we finaly have it. The hardest part starting out is learning how to find good battles and squads. When I first started I had trouble finding good battles and would wondering around. It would be good to get an infantry "either weapon or max" and vehicle cert to start out with. VR will get you to BR 3 and the certs you need for one infantry or max and one vehicle. Vehicle for getting around since the world is big plus something more effective for combat outside. Infantry "medium assault or AIMAX perferably" as your gonna need something more then agile with a suppressor to combat other infantry. The basklisk is good from getting from point A to point B. Lightning is good as it has decent armor/firepower/speed and only needs one person to use. Reaver also is a good choice but it takes some good practice to use it well. If you like shooting people, tanks, aircraft, explosions, and a sence of conquest and accomplishment then this is the game for you.
Old 2004-04-16, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Rbstr
I know its late to say this but your ingnorant and dumb, the Devs can just go and say "We want them to have better FPS" and then it just happens. the fact is it is about as good as its gona get.

On topic If your looking for an FPS to play give it a try
That was harsh but so was my post, Rob, you have even stated that it can be improved so please do not rain on my parade.

Old 2004-04-16, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TheN00b
Colonel

Rbstr, what's with the flaming?
Old 2004-04-16, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Now, I havnt played in a long while, so I dont know about the new patches and such, but if you are NOT good with fps-type games, dont even try. The game itself is designed so that people with skill at a low level can easily defeat people with less skill at the highest level.
I gotta disagree with you Spee. Even if you arent a great FPSer, u can still do very well in PSide by squadding up with some good players and being a tank/buggy driver, medic, combat engineer or air support pilot...

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-04-16, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I'm sorry that came out harsher than I had wanted it too,
Yes its true that i used to think it could but i have come to the realization that they probalby can't relay do anything about it anymore, the games is just to complex. And i'm sorry but the people that were missinformed by the very deceptive advertizing that computer assemblers use and bought crappy computers are going to have to suffer though it.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion