Thumbs up or down poll for the Flail - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just say no to yatta.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you give the Flail a thumbs up or thumbs down?
Thumbs up! The flail adds to game play 33 50.77%
Thumbs down! The flail detracts from game play 32 49.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-15, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by ChewyLSB
Yeah, like others have said, just give it much less armor. And I mean much less. Give it the same armor, if not less than a Lightning. Allow it so that Reavers can destroy it in one pass.
Whilst I agree it needs less armour, I don't think it should be that bad. I mean it's deployed and not going anywhere, least you can move around in a lightning. But it definatly needs a lot less armour yeah
Old 2004-04-15, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

That's just the thing though, it's artillery. Artillery doesn't rely on it's armor to protect itself, it relies on it's distance.
Old 2004-04-15, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Thing is pansy ass flail drivers will park the damn things in the CY of a base and shell out. Not much you can do against it if the base is defended (maybe get one lib run if your a Terran b/c of the AA maxs). If its not defended you have to go about blowing all the turrets then dumping your entire payload into it. Lowering the armor on the flail so that one or two passes will take it out will eliminate this issue.
Old 2004-04-15, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Plus they just sit at the repair term and get continuous repairs.

Old 2004-04-15, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Kikinchikin

I liked the flail. It gave people another objective other than cap and run. If you were being raped by flails, you'd have to coordinate aircraft and armor strikes to take em out. Added depth to the game in my opinion.
Old 2004-04-15, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
TheN00b
Colonel

Upon further reflection, the Flail just needs revisment. A good solution, as one person already said, is to nerf the armor. Make it so that a couple Lib bombs, a Reaver pass, or an MBT salvo can destroy it easily. Then, give it a great targetting system. This would cut down on the n00bs using it, cut downh on the blue-on-blue, and finally give PSide realistic mobile artillery.
Old 2004-04-15, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

I'll bet 27 of the 28 currently in favor of the flail are people who have core combat and the certification to use it :P
Old 2004-04-15, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Cauldron Borne
Captain

I shouldn't have to dodge my own artillery. Especially if I'm the one giving them coordinates. 'HEY my spotter just placed a lase on the vec term, i think i'll fire to the left and smear his cloaker butt across half the cy'...
umm, no.
If just ONE more friendly flail intensionally fires into a crowd of friendly peeps trying to hit a tower, to kill that one agile enemy that tries to make a break for it, I'm going on a flail killing spree. All flails. Especially n00b gunner flails on my team.
Oh how they will pay for their stupidity.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)

Last edited by Cauldron Borne; 2004-04-15 at 06:54 PM.
Old 2004-04-15, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

give it a minimum range limit (say 500 meters?) if the shot lands before it hits the 500 mark, the shot does nothing, I'm fuckin tired of flails setting on a hill 70 meters away and owning the CY
Old 2004-04-16, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Seer
Major

To sum up, our problems with the flail:

1. Too much armor. It doesn't deserve that much armor.
2. Needs to have a firing restriction based on the real horizontal, rather than the relative horizontal.
3. Needs an accurate targetting system.

If these issues are solved, then the flail is a better weapon for it. As is, it's too bizarre to use in a consistent, effective, methodical manner.
Old 2004-04-16, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

It'd be nice if you could laze something, a prompt would come up for the flail user, and the gun would auto align to hit that spot, but they couldn't fire without a target, so you would HAVE to have someone laze.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-04-17, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Seer
Flail might actually be as dangerous to the enemy as it is to your own team if it had a targetting system that was worth two shits.
Heheh I agree.
Old 2004-04-17, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Xijx
Private

Hate the flail.....And no, unless you have a Super computer and 10Megs per second conection so you can set the clip plane to 1000+meters there is no way even a surging inf can dodge a flail round once he sees it comming....if you have some sort of ESP that lets you know some noob just fired a random shot 2000 meters away and its gonna hit you please share the secret.

Also the prop the flail up against a rock or on a hillside to fire 10 feet infront of you has to go.......that and Flails having insane armor......
Old 2004-04-18, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
ultramagneus
Private

Exclamation

personally as a flail pilot myself i think the flail is well balanced........as it is uber powerfull but hard to get a target........i realy dont know why alot of players seem to hate flail pilots..........could just be jelosy i supose

and personally the prop a flail against a rock is just about the only way to defend a flail and then its still hard so i think that shold stay
Old 2004-04-18, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Breed
Master Sergeant

Every vehicle related to that abomination of an expansion Core Combat should be tip-exed out of the game and forgotten about.

Instead of the floating sex toy that is the flail, we could of had empire specific heavy artillery. Damn even a common pool artillery battery would of been great.

Seeing those dildos flying about just reminds me that this game has problems and nothing the playerbase does will ever solve them.

If they replaced flails with 3 empire artillery vehicles and made a common pool router that looked normal, i would be happy chappy

Never gonna happen, but i can dream

As for balance, the flail is fine, i dont seem to be killed by them too often and when i am it tends to be a tk lol
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion