Emerald TR - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The true meaning of 1337
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-05-10, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I think the Vangaurd is the best tank overall but the Prowler can't be beat against infantry. Know when to deploy your Prowlers and Vanguards. Half the battle a tank has is finding a driver who will drive the dang thing.

Old 2004-05-10, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

I prefer the Prowler cuz once it go the 1 shot like the vanguard, It was able to go through twice as much infantry. The Prowler has more chances to hit a vanguard then the other way around. A good Prolwer Gunner will always beat a Vanguard gunner! Don't believe me My Tr on Markov I gun for a fellow outfitmembers Prowler and We always end up beating a Vanguard 1 on 1 dunno if they sucked (The Vanguard Driver/Gunner).
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-05-10, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
KIAsan
First Sergeant

The prowler can beat a van, if you get point blank on him. That way, none of your shots will miss. If you have any distance, you will miss shots, thus giving the edge to the vanguard (it's easier to hit a prowler because of the huge profile). If you have driven a vanguard, you know to keep your distance and let the big gun do the work!

Biggest problem on the balance of the two is speed. I can understand the heavier armor and more powerful guns on the van. But why is the thing faster than the prowler? If the prowler were quicker, then it would be better balanced!

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-05-10, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by KIAsan
The prowler can beat a van, if you get point blank on him. That way, none of your shots will miss. If you have any distance, you will miss shots, thus giving the edge to the vanguard (it's easier to hit a prowler because of the huge profile). If you have driven a vanguard, you know to keep your distance and let the big gun do the work!

Biggest problem on the balance of the two is speed. I can understand the heavier armor and more powerful guns on the van. But why is the thing faster than the prowler? If the prowler were quicker, then it would be better balanced!
Not given the Prowler's damage output. Also think abotu the clip size. The Prowler can miss 5 shots and still make a kill on the vanguard. The Vanguard can only miss once on the Prowler. This is important.

If the Vanguard had less Armor, the Prowler would easily kill the Vanguard. Right now they are a pretty even match. Same with the Magrider.

For every arguement you can give me on a Prowler vs Vanguard arguement, I can give you on a Vanguard vs Magrider arguement. With the exception of looks. But as a whole, it comes down to drivers, more then jsut tanks. The Prowler needs to be close because of it's speed and the Vanguard can't be that close because it will do a lot of damage to it's self as well as the badguy.

The tanks are balanced. Mroe or less. I would like to see a better MCG or the gunner with the ability to switch if there wasn't a third gunner.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Headrattle
Not given the Prowler's damage output. Also think abotu the clip size. The Prowler can miss 5 shots and still make a kill on the vanguard. The Vanguard can only miss once on the Prowler.
Don't forget to take into consideration the splash damage sucks on the prowler. And since both barrels are not sited to the same point in space, you will miss, unless your a very good gunner and you move your aim point with every shot (very difficult while moving over broken terrain). Given the innacuracy, terrible splash damage, larger profile, lower armor AND lower speed, the vanguard will eat a prowler for lunch at distance.

That said, I can kill vans really easily, IF I'm at point blank range and maintain it. However, given that a prowler is slower than the van, if your facing a competent driver, they will always try to keep their distance.

No, they aren't balanced really well, unless you give the prowler a speed advantage to enable it to close the distance to a point where it is most effective (dam, this sounds like a Jackhammer/surge debating point).

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-05-11, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Henya
Staff Sergeant

lol look at the world map almost total TR domination never seen that much before

but I'm not TR

NC Emerald Army Of One all the way - w00t
Old 2004-05-12, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

The best way to take a vanguard from a prowler is to make the vanguard chase you...The ROF of the prowler main gun is about twice as fast as the vanguard gun. Get the vanguard to go in a straight line and you will win.

= Crack addict
Old 2004-05-12, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by Henya
lol look at the world map almost total TR domination never seen that much before

but I'm not TR

NC Emerald Army Of One all the way - w00t
Getting nine continents yesterday was flat-out amazing. We were 6 bases away from taking the world.
Old 2004-05-12, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

Originally Posted by TheN00b
Getting nine continents yesterday was flat-out amazing. We were 6 bases away from taking the world.
Damn I missed it. I haven't gotten to play in a while now. I need to. I feel PS calling me.
Violated by ChiaHamma
Old 2004-05-12, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

And we had zero today when I logged in, so we decided to make the VS and NC fight each other by having ANT derbies and Marauder ramming matches for about two hours.

Strangely the NC and VS didn't want to fight...
Old 2004-05-12, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly
Strangely the NC and VS didn't want to fight...
How strange...

Oh wait
Old 2004-05-12, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

How strange...

Oh wait
I hated that when I was TR but I have come to know to fight the VS much more than the TR.

Old 2004-05-13, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

TR pwnzors

= Crack addict
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion