To make defending less gimped - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: format c: *.*
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-05-16, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Doppler
On a side note why does everyone hate the idea of indoor spitfires so much?
Well for a start they'd only ever be deployed indoors. They're vulnerable on the outside because they can be attacked from range, but indoors they could deal some decent damage before being taken down. They'd probably also get quite a few TKs as well since they don't stop firing when people cross their path. In Tribes 2 you had 2 versions of turrets, Landspikes and Spider-clamp turrets. Landspikes could only be placed outside because they drill into the ground. Spiders can be attached to walls and stuff but are weaker in both terms of armour and firepower (and they can't stick to the ground. I wouldn't mind seeing that in PS but as it stands spitfires wouldn't really work indoors.

I agree with the deployable radius stuff. I'd like to see areas where you can't place deployables highlight in red when you get the ACE out so you can see where you can plant your stuff.
Old 2004-05-16, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

I'm surprised...Doppler managed to keep his name out of the title of this Thread

= Crack addict
Old 2004-05-16, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by Real Mulambo
agreed again

What twat decided that an area surrounded by hills was a good place for a base.

DOH! maybe on the hills may be better. DOH!

Romans?
Old 2004-05-16, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Give towers a 5 minuete hack timer for empires that dont own the nearby base, but instantanious for defenders.
People always seem to want ntu silos or hack timers for towers and I personally think it is an incredibly shortisighted idea.

Except for interlink facilities, towers are the most easily defended structures in the game. Why would you want to make it harder for those on the offense to capture these? Besides, any sort of hack timer completely negates any need to do gal drops or any other sort of coordinated assault because once you've hacked the cc... you have to hold it for 5 minutes!
Old 2004-05-16, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by drsomewhere
I'm surprised...Doppler managed to keep his name out of the title of this Thread
There's a story behind why i do that, it involves someone posting my stuff from PSU almost verbatum to the OF's as their own work. So yes call me a little bitter.

On the defensive part of towers, i dont care if towers are the most defensable thing in the game, that doesnt help defenders at all. I'll give you an example. Lets say you had to hold a town or small city or whatever, and near the city was something that you didnt need (airport, truck depot etc) that could be used to launch attacks against you. It doesnt matter if it can be defended by two small boys and a cat, you'd blow it up in order to have those two small boys and a cat defending your base. Since this is planetside, making towers less of a liability for defenders involves something like a hack timer, you could even allow the offensive force to use everything in the towers but the spawn tubes and i'd be happy. But this having towers there just for launching attacks on the bases is stupid.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion