Player looking for gamecard or account - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: it comes in 31 flavors.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-06-10, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Chopfather
Private

Player looking for gamecard or account

Does anyone know of a person or place that is selling gamecards or even an active account. I dont have a CC and Sony does not accept PayPal or echecks. I dont use credit cards - hence the reason I want a gamecard. None of my local gameshops have them in stock and Sony says they are out of stock... and help appreciated.

Feel free to send me an email or respond to this post Thanks!
Old 2004-06-10, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

not even on ebay. ouch.

i could sell you game time on ebay if you want - you give me the money and i'll buy you a gift subscription

Last edited by martyr; 2004-06-10 at 09:32 PM.
Old 2004-06-10, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Chopfather
Private

Yeah I am amazed there is as little as there is on Ebay too. If you or anyone else wants to put some gametime up on ebay that would be fantastic! I sure I would buy it as soon as it came up and others would as well. Sony amazes me... they want folks to play this game, offer gamecards then just stop making them for a while a the CSR's basically told me that they dont know when they will be made available "its not their dept... it a marketing dept. thing"

One other question. I bought the game last year and never played a whole lot. I had a L10 TR character and a L12 VS character. I have recently got the itch to play again and went to go find my CD's and they are amogst the missing. (I tend to think my 5 year old son has a part in this conspirac ) If I buy another copy of PS can I play my old account with that new cd key I will get. Or will Sony email or activate my old key again?

...somehow I am feeling destined to never play this game again. But I will even if I have to start fresh I guess.

Thanks for the help...
Old 2004-06-11, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Nalar
Corporal

If I am not mistaken, I believe that all characters are attached to you Sony Station login so as long as you remember your old login and password then that's where your characters will be.

However, Sony did a character wipe recently and deleted all characters that have been inactive for over 3 months so there is a high probability that your old character was deleted.
Old 2004-06-11, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sputty
Banned

Selling accounts breaks the SOE contract, so don't expect it here, or to be received warmly for asking for the account
Old 2004-06-11, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Chopfather
Private

Originally Posted by Sputty
Selling accounts breaks the SOE contract, so don't expect it here, or to be received warmly for asking for the account
Relax man I wasnt trying to screw Sony out of there cash... I don't want to play anyone elses character... I just wanted to know if anyone knew where to purchase a gamecard cause it seems everyone (INCLUDING SONY) is out of stock. Trust me I have put enough cash in Sony's pockets over the past few years I don't feel guilty nor an I doing anything immoral. You won't find one piece of ripped software or mp3 in my home and I don't intend to start screwing off this late in life. Pretty tough that the same company that produces a game and upon launching the game allowed the use of gamecards. So if they dont have gamecards and somebody had a Station account they were not using I would have been willing to buy it. The way I see it Sony would be making money they never would have had from me in the first place. I just have a couple weeks off from work and I wanted to play some Planetside.

Secondly I would tink if Sony was so uptight about people buying accounts they would enforce it. Look on Ebay - everyday there are players selling their Jedi or CR5 accounts for good money. Me - I could care less what level my character is - I just wanna log on and have some fun.
Old 2004-06-11, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

This shit is killing the game.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-06-11, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

chopfather, i'm not sure what the end result is - do i understand correctly:

you can't buy game time, but you can't find your install cds either, so you have no use for game time?

if you still need time, by the way, i'm still willing to help you
Old 2004-06-11, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Chopfather
Private

I think I clouded the situation... I have cleared up the sitution of the lost CD originals with Sony. After finally convincing the CSR that I was who I was and that I was the original holder of the account and sony station ID he emailed me my cd key to use with any copy of the game. So my game is up and running and actually all I need now is a gamecard to use after this "welcome prior players" back trial is over. Sony does not have any in stock at the moment nor does any of my nearby game shops.

Sputty I was not trying to come across harsh on my response is just I was getting very frustrated with Sony in general. They have the station accounts tied in with cd keys. Then when you need your cd key again it takes 3 days of phone calls, emails and live chat to convince them that it is actually your station account. So at that point I did not feel bad at all about using an account that already bought and paid for.

I agree that people using other players accounts can be detrimental to the game especially when they have higher level accounts. I can tell you that there was a seller with zero feedback selling an account on Ebay several days ago. It was an active account good for the next 3 months. He was trying to sell it based on his BR20 CR3 character that went along with it. We exchanged emails back and forth and after getting an uneasy feeling that he was just a kid I ceased negotiating with him and gracefully declined. Apparently he and many of his outfit members are leaving PS to play the game Lineage or something like that. I received another email from his friend a few hours later asking if I wanted his Cr5 account for 80bucks. I declined and he said he was gonna put it up on Ebay. Sure enough he did and a short time later it was sold at his "Buy it Now" price. People moan and groan about the CR5's not knowing what they are doing... well there is your proof. When I see that players name now I'll just have to chuckle.

So yeah if there was some gametime on ebay it would sell fast as all the no credit card holding - gamecard playing types out there are in for a suprise when they need to renew. What Sony really needs to do is allow Echecks, Paypal... ect. to pay for gametime. I refuse to give into the credit card devil. I learned my lesson during my college years and vowed never again.
Old 2004-06-12, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
StrayCat
Private

What about getting a checking account that includes a Visa checkcard? These aren't credit cards, you can't spend what you don't have with them. That's what I use to pay.
Old 2004-06-13, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
xSEC8xHitman
Private

try going to http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...905381-2684611 that is the best place i would say to buy game cards.
Old 2004-06-13, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Indecisive
Major General

Listen to hamma time! he has some to give away. listen nowww
Old 2004-06-13, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I should sell my BR20/CR5...

Old 2004-06-14, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
FatalLight
Sergeant Major