Greetings all - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hold still!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-22, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Thunder_Hawk
Corporal

Greetings all

Hello all, I first heard about Ps from the X-Play review and i was hooked but i had a problem. the family computer specs were 3 years old then and it wasn't top of the line then so i was stuck without the game. Now since i'm going to colloge in september, I finally will have my own computer. Although its still has a week to get here. Heres the important specs:

Pentium� 4 Processor 3GHz, 800 FSB, 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 128MB PCI Express� x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon� X800 SE, Sound Blaster Audigy�2 (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1.

I have bought PS, just waiting for the computer to arrive. All the roles interest me but ANT runner. I would like to play solo or in small groups for now as i'm still used to being a rambo in other FPS. I'll feel small in zergs since I wouldn't make a difference if I'm there or not. Looking at the Empires, i agree with NC weaponry for the heavy hitting accurate shots and i'm samewhat interrest in TR for their paint scheme and weaponry. I do have a few questions first:

1) which role should i start with to get the game down: Grunt(Max), Ground veichle crew, air pilot, or Cloaker?

2) Which playment meathod do you prefer and why?

3) I was thinking of having all my charaters be NC except the pilot that would be my TR alt on a different server. I will be in Minnesota so which server should be my NC mains Emerald or Markov? (read less lag) I'll put my alt on the other server.

4) Can i expect good game performance with this machine?

Thank you in Advance

Last edited by Thunder_Hawk; 2004-07-22 at 02:42 PM.
Old 2004-07-22, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

1)Whatever you want
2)Erm.... credit card because game cards are gold dust in the UK
3)My US geography is very bad so: Emerald is East coast, Markov is West coast.
4)Probably, main bottleneck for PS is if you only have 512mb RAM. Won't save you from the really big battles but everyone's in the same boat when that happens
Old 2004-07-22, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

1. Start as a basic grunt. then diversify as you get more cert points
2. Credit card, although Id use gamecards too
3. you shouldnt need more then 2 NC characters. have maybe a TR on Emerald and NC on Markov, and the lag between servers is almost unnoticeable. Im on the east coast and Ive played on Markov since release, hasnt slowed me down.
4. you can probably run PS on the highest setting with minimal lag

btw, what episode did X-Play review planetside? Ive always wanted to see it.
Old 2004-07-22, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Thunder_Hawk
Corporal

Minnesota covers the west coast of lake suprior. i ask wich server because its in the middle of the USa, either server is viable.

X-play reviewed PS when it first came out over a year ago. They gave it a 4 or 5 i think. i'm thinking 4 becuase of lag issues our minor bugs. they really enjoyed the game but it was a different game back then. i dunno if they reviewed core combat

Last edited by Thunder_Hawk; 2004-07-22 at 09:57 PM.
Old 2004-07-22, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

i think they gave CC a 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion