Help for a newbie! =) - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: FAQ doesn't stand for Frequently Ask Questions
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-25, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hezzy
Contributor
General

Here's what to do:

Create a character. Cert him in Medium assault, start equipping weapons and looking at terminals until you advance to BR2. Then cert in Reinforced armour. This is your infantry guy. As you progress in the ranks, you can add more infantry based certs.

Create another character. Cert him in Air cavalry. This will be your Pilot. As you progress in the ranks, you can add more vehicle based certs.

Create another character. Cert him in the Infiltration suit. Equip a few weapons and look at terminals. Maybe consider going to the VR sim and equipping more weapons. Cert him in hacking. This will be your stealthy guy.

That's basically all the classes in Planetside. There's also a support type of guy. I.e Med and Engineer, but I like to get other people to do that for me. You should also consider visiting the VR training room on each of the characters to get a higher BR. It could take some time, but it's quicker than sitting around waiting for a hack.
Old 2004-07-25, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Thunder_Hawk
Corporal

just be sure you go into VR training and use everything. it will get you to br 4 i think. thats 3 more cert points to use meaning one more learned cert and you haven't stepped outside into combat
Old 2004-07-25, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
F!LTER
Private

What i found, having recently started myself, is that sniper is the absolute best cert to start out with (after MA and rexo of course). Yes snipers kinda suck in planetside because of the complete inability to track a target (ie the COF gets big real quick if you move your mouse) but I, personally, attained 12000 BEP in an hour and a half of solo sniping (which is pretty damn high for a noob BR 7 or anyone else for that matter) on only my third day of playing.

Now i know what your says, "Great another newbie sniper, thatz soloing and not helping out the empire." but honestly at BR7 you dont have the certs to do much but get chewed up by jackhammers while you try to storm a base with your MA.

Id say that you shouldnt really worry about squad play until BR10 when you have enough certs to bring something to the table or to keep your own ass occupied :P.

ps. AI MAXs are the shit too. You can snipe outside while you empire tries to push into a base the switch to MAX to help out inside (then you can turf the rexo)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion