CC Improvments - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Its alive!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-26, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Omega18
Private

CC Improvments

Hey guys, im new here but I thought I would post my idea for some CC improvments.

The Devs are clearly trying to make CC more rewarding to own. The mechs are most likely the first of many steps. I think rather then adding new stuff to CC they should make the features already in it better. First problem I have with CC is that it's too hard to use what you have paid for. After I cert HA I can use it whenever I want, right? Why not for CC weapons? In order to use my AT weapons I need to do a mod run or lock an entire cavern. That could be an easy waist of an hour. Instead you should be able to cert AT weapons/Vehicles and use it whenever you please. In order to do this you must get Core Rank, BEP you get from fights in the caverns, succesful hacks in the caves, and Mod runs. Then you may cert whatever you please, of course you would need the regular cert already (IE MA to get the Spiker Cert).

Now instead of making the certain mods useless the devs should open up the Caves and AT weapons to everyone. They of course cannot get Core Rank and certs but can use AT stuff like we do now. Not only would this make CC more populated but more people would go out and buy CC to get the full package. I think that CC owners should be able go to any cave anytime they please, while non CC owners keep the 2 caves at a time rule. Mod runs will occur more often, more people are in the caves, more battles occur and CC will become even better then it already is.

Of course you still don't want anyone to feel cheated right? Add more stuff only useable by CC owners. There are so many idea's for AT weapons and vehicles out there. Why no AT armor? The devs must of thought of it at one point. The Caves need more people and the devs need to make people want CC.
Old 2004-07-26, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Time to disagree.

1) I don't want to see more maelstrom spam.
2) I don't want to see more flail spam.
3) I especially don't want these coming from people who didn't fork out the money for the expansion like I did.

Though I would like to see more content, I would rather they keep working on getting out the bugs and FPS issues with the current game.

As for the caves, the battles are getting bigger down there all the time. I was in a 25+ VS/NC battle just last night.
Old 2004-07-26, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

You idea to allow people into the two caves at any time and the only cc owners into the others would just make the other caves just like they are now and then give people who didnt take the slap in the face over CC 2 caves. I think that finding a mael on a dead guy and getting to use it would be (or is) fine. Isnt that already allowed?
Old 2004-07-26, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Omega18
Private

Yea I guess for this to work the Flail needs to be removed and the maelstrom could use a bit of a nerf.
Old 2004-07-26, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

They've already admitted that the Maelstrom is (purposefully) the most powerful HA. Giving full benefits for a cavern lock was a great effort at getting people down into the caverns. They can't make things so readily available as a lot fewer people will end up down in the caverns and they'll be back to where they started (empty caverns, people bitching about the expansion).
Old 2004-07-26, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

i liked my idea to make CC more popular...
Old 2004-07-26, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Also, you can use that little thing called a Locker. Once you cert HA, just wait to you get to a base that has the equiment mod and fill your locker full of HA weaponry. It's what I do when we're defending a back door area on a continent with no mods. Easy as pie then. You don't even have to have the AT mod installed to get more ammo.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-07-26, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NinjaBob
Corporal

yeah there should be CC command rank if u lead a cavern squad u get special gear like a helmet or sumthin and CC battle rank u get a color added to ur uniform once u get to the highest CC battle rank
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion