Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-10-07, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

The Modding has begun! 56k Beware!

After pretty much finishing up on my hardware for now after the new VC, it came time to begin work on the case.

My original plan as follows: Color Change paint on front bezel (Deep Purple to Emeral Green), Finish sleeving PSU, Cut my awesome secret design into side panel, with green acrylic for the window.

Today after painting the part of the front bezel, and how freaking sweet it came out (Although the pics don't do it justice at all.) Im going to repaint my case Matte Black, and paint my design in the same color change paint, and clearcoat the sucker. Then Im going to change my power switch to a toggle switch (just need to find the right type, not your simple on-off, I forget what they call it), relocated my LEDs, and switch them for bright green ones, use bondo to smooth out the lock and old LED spaces on the front bezel.

Now for the pics of todays work.

It started out looking like this.

Then I popped off the bezel and popped out the front plates.

Then I brought em' out side degreased and sanded them a bit to take off the dirt, gloss and scuff em' up nice. Normally, I would go down to bare metal, but these are fairly thin and and easily bendable, and since one is bent, i figured less touching = less risk of bending.
You cant even tell I did squat in this pic, but whatever.

Then on to the first base coat. I wanted a deep/dark color, so I went with black primer.

After repeating that three more times, I did a quick wet sand, and let dry for a bit, degreased again and fired on teh first coat of color change.

You can sort of see it starting in teh pic, but in person the effect was amazing. I layed down 14, thats right 14 light coats of it. They recommend 3-, but they cleary state: "For a more dramatic effect apply more coats". So Thats what I did. It was hard to get decent pics of it, but I got a few. The next steps were, let dry, wet sand, degrease, and 1 coat of clear let dry completely, then 2 wet coats.

Heres the final product.

In about 2 hours, Ill add in pics of them on teh comp. And over the next week or two, Ill add in what Im doing as I go along.

Comments and ideas are welcome.

EDIT: Its full dryed and on the case. The colors are so dark. I love it. It was hard getting it on camera, but I tried.

Last edited by MattxMosh; 2004-10-07 at 05:12 PM.
Old 2004-10-07, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

sweet that paint is awsome

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-10-07, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Very nice work!

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum