PSU: Just a game uh? (BANG BANG)
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-10-07, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Shenanigan23
Private

Question lagging really badly

about 2 weeks ago i started lagging really badly. my isp was having problems that weekend but got them fixed a few days later. so i dont think its my isp. normally i will have a ping of about 50-80. it will shoot up to 30,000 and i will start getting loss. i just have no idea what this could be. talked to ps tech support and they said it was my isp and i talked to them and they said it wasnt. very confused at the moment. i would have asked on the ps forums, but for some reason i cant post there. when i hit new post it asks me to log in and i do, but then it takes me back to the same place. so i do it again and is asks me again to log in and so on. hope someone here might be able to help me here. if you need any info about my computer just ask and ill give it to you. thank you
Old 2004-10-07, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

it's your ISP, or something on the internet side of your ethernet port.

in comand prompt type IPCONFIG /release
then IPCONFIG /renew, and see if that helsp your IP my have been changed or something, i realy couldn't say.

Also for more networkign savy poepl do you use a residential gateway/router or somehtign to that effect?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-10-07, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Shenanigan23
Private

yeah i got the linksys BEFSR41
but i tried playing directly connected to the modem itself and it also lagged then

what im confused about tho. i play counterstrike and i dont seem to have any problems with lag there. dont know why that would change anything. odd

Last edited by Shenanigan23; 2004-10-07 at 06:57 PM.
Old 2004-10-13, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SykoBallz
Private

This in response to the part about your not being able to log into the official forums. I have been having the same problem also, but i found out what the problem was. Evidentily you have to join the Planetside Fan Club in order to post. You can find the link for it in the community section. I hope this helps if you if you havent figured it out yet.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum