playing Planetside again and downloading the Core Combat - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: *only authorized staff aloud in, aka hamma*
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-10-19, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
kanon14
Private

playing Planetside again and downloading the Core Combat

Hi i've played the PLanetSide when it was first released last year for a few months, but then i quitted due to heavy school work. now with thh release of BFR i'm thinking of returning. however i have a few questions that i couldn't find answer anywhere

1) do I need to buy a new copy of PlanetSide in order to play because my older account has expired. I tried using my old CD-key to install but was unsuccessful.

2) Sony Station sites advertises that if I purchase and download the digital copy of Core Combat I can get the BFR stuff too, so does that mean I don't have to purchase a seperate copy of the AfterSchok expansion?

3) Is AfterShock nothing more than a combination of PlanetSide and Core Combat?

Thx
Old 2004-10-19, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

1) you should be able to reactivater you rold account
2) no aftershock is not an expantion, so if you already have PS jsut get CC unless you forgot your old account's name/pass
3) thats all it is, PS and CC bundled

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-10-19, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
kanon14
Private

Originally Posted by Rbstr
1) you should be able to reactivater you rold account
are you sure about this? Because there's no where I could do that. everytime i enter my old cd-key it says something like "the trail period has ended. Please buy a new copy." I know some online game like FFXI if I stop subscribing they will hold my character for 3 months. after that period if I do not reactivate my account then my character is lost and I will need a new copy of game to play. That's lame.

so i wonder if PS work that work too?
Old 2004-10-19, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Cauldron Borne
Captain

no, it doesn't work that way. I THINK they hold you're copy indefinatly. Are you sure you weren't using a trial account? If you were, then you will need to get another account, but if you paid for one, then the CD-Key should still work, and you should just need your SOE login account and p-word to get in, with an updated account, of course.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-10-20, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vimp
Sergeant

Sounds to me like your trying to type in a cd-key where your suppose to be typing in the subscription code. You can't use the same subscription code that came with the game because that has long since expired because it was only for 30 days. What you need to do is get a new subscription code by either buying a gamecard or by using a creditcard to get a new subscription over the internet. A new subscription does not mean your starting a new account so long as you use the same name and password you used originally. However the devs say your charactor(s) are only garunteed for 90 days. Longer then that and it has the chance of being deleted.
Old 2004-10-20, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Velkator
Private

Bleh! why are they selling PS:Aftershock at the same price as if I bought the Original + CC??
PS:Aftershock: $19.99
Original + CC: $19.98

Strange to me they didn't lower the price a tad bit lower..
Old 2004-10-20, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vimp
Sergeant

Thats not quite the case where I am Velkator. I'm in Canada and originally Planetside was around $54 and Core Combat was around $29.99. Now Planetside is $19.99 while Core Combat still costs $29.99 for a combined price of $49.98. Where as Aftershock, although I have yet to see it in store, will likly be no more then $29.99 for both. Thats a savings of $20.
Old 2004-10-20, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

great to see people DL'ing CC, i -personally- love this expansion... i dont know why, i just find it alot of fun
Old 2004-10-20, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Vimp
Sounds to me like your trying to type in a cd-key where your suppose to be typing in the subscription code. You can't use the same subscription code that came with the game because that has long since expired because it was only for 30 days. What you need to do is get a new subscription code by either buying a gamecard or by using a creditcard to get a new subscription over the internet. A new subscription does not mean your starting a new account so long as you use the same name and password you used originally. However the devs say your charactor(s) are only garunteed for 90 days. Longer then that and it has the chance of being deleted.
they do get delleted but they can be easily restored if you ask nicely

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-10-20, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Velkator
Private

Originally Posted by Vimp
Thats not quite the case where I am Velkator. I'm in Canada and originally Planetside was around $54 and Core Combat was around $29.99. Now Planetside is $19.99 while Core Combat still costs $29.99 for a combined price of $49.98. Where as Aftershock, although I have yet to see it in store, will likly be no more then $29.99 for both. Thats a savings of $20.
I'm just looking at the SOE station store web page (No PS in europe it seem).
And the prices I listed above are those on their page, kindy funny if you ask me.

Anyone know if I can digitally download the original Planetside as well? Core Combat can aparently, according to SOE store.
What about PS: Aftershock, digital download for us europe'ers?
I don't see it stated anywhere else then on the CC expansion, so I'm beginning to wonder. I really don't want to buy any of the other 2 when I have to pay for shipping and all that. (Have to pay the VAT as well then prolly)

Last edited by Velkator; 2004-10-20 at 11:20 PM.
Old 2004-10-26, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Cauldron Borne
Captain

eBay is your friend...got PS and CC for a grand total of $20 both never before opened.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion