My question to my fellow floridians and southern californians. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with 300% more gibs!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-12-08, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Triggar
Contributor

I do have to admit, opening the shades in the morning and seeing a bright sunny day is pretty nice. Sometimes, it's even "nice" out - days when the humidity is low and the sun is up, it's lovely, and we do appreciate days like that and try and go for walks and such.

But day after day after day of not being able to wear black, not being able to wear those sweaters we came to love growing up, having to run the a/c EVEN IN DECEMBER, and feeling sweaty and prickly? It's maybe nice for a day or two if you're on vacation from, say, Canada. But living in it every single day is, for lack of a better expression, bloody miserable!
Old 2004-12-08, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
xmodum
Colonel

Its getting cold in my part of Florida, northern, by Alabama. Yes, its a red-neck area, my family is full of red-necks, and everyone in this damn town thinks they're black >

And for the girls, well, if you ahve seen my pic you would understand.
Old 2004-12-08, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

I live in northern california, its a far different story up here, even on the coast its miserable most of the year , but as an added bonus its hot as effing HELL in the summer too.

:/

+++++DATE: - Jungfrost polar base (Bernheart), 128.M41
Old 2004-12-08, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
It just hit me, why are you all inside infront of your computer? You guys have the luxury of all year round warm weather. Hottest chicks in the continent and palm trees growing in your yard.

I mean if I lived in Miami, Tampa Bay or San Dieago I probably wouldn't have ever bothered with computers. I'd be outside enjoying myself and hanging out with hot girls. But since I live in Canada and only get 4 months of t-shirt weather. I spend most of the cold season indoors figuring out something to do. Hence I got myself into computers.
Heat sucks.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-12-08, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Salazar
Staff Sergeant

Not only is it hot, but theres like 80 percent humidity in the air; which IMO, makes it 10x worse. Now California has it good, 85 degrees, dry air, mmm...
Old 2004-12-08, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Xanthos
Private

yeah I Hate Pants.. im kinda in the same boat...i live in the desert or west texas...lubbock, texas. the only things to do here is hmm..go to the movies..the gym and computer...that is pretty much it. we have the craziest weather too...it rained, snowed, and rose to the 80's in 1 week (we only get like 18 inches of rain or so a year). im gunna move outa this place wen i get to college..its a nice place to grow up in but really boring..every major city is 6 hours away (dallas - el paso) and maybe 10 or so hours away from the gulf

Last edited by Xanthos; 2004-12-08 at 07:29 PM. Reason: stupid computer
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge