Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2005-03-23, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mic3000
Private

Exclamation Help! Error!!

Hi guys,

following problem appears after I formated my PC:

Your machine is set to alllow Processor speed changing in its Power sheme.
Please go into your Control Panel Power Management and set it to stay 'Always on' while running PlanetSide.
PlanetSide will now exit.

this error wasn't there before i formated my PC and in the german version of Win XP i can't find the the option 'always on'. But i set all options there (Monitor, Harddisk & standby) to 'never'. I seem its the same like 'always on'. But the error is still there. I changed it in every power sheme (Desktop, laptop etc.).
In other forums i read that i have to dissable Cool 'n' Quiet in my Bios. ok it is already dissabled.

my system now have all the driver, that it had before formated. except the a newer nvidia driver. 71.84 instead of 66.93.

Please help me!

my pc:
Athlon 64 3400+ clawhammer
1024 corsair pro series DDR4000-RAM
GeForce 6800 Ultra
Win XP Pro + SP 2 (and latest updates)

sorry for my bad english
Old 2005-03-23, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

All I can offer you is how it works on my computer. You simply bring up the Display Properties (Right click on desktop, select Properties) then select the "Screen Saver" tab and then click "Power" under the Monitor category. It brings up the Power Options Properities window and the "Always on" is under the Power Schemes. If the German Windows XP isn't configured like that, I can't really offer you any suggestions other than try the Windows Help File Index and see if it gives you a link to alter your Power Scheme, or post on a German tech forum if you get desperate.

The problem is occuring because Cool 'n Quiet alters the speed of your CPU to reduce its temperature and power consumption while idle, but unfortunately it messes up the speed at which PlanetSide runs, essentially allowing a player to speedhack. The "Always On" setting disables Cool 'n Quiet and allows PS to run properly. The thing is, even though you may have disabled it in the BIOS, PS only checks to see if the "Always on" setting is set, not whether your CPU is actually running Cool 'n Quiet or not.
There really has to be a way to alter your power schemes, perhaps the German version places it in the control panel or something?

Anyhow, this is all I do to bring it up (note: I have Aston Shell installed, thats why it looks a bit different):

PS: Your English is just fine.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2005-03-24, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mic3000
Private

thank you very much. i can't belive that it was so easy. ok in german it calls "Dauerbetrieb". now it is simple to translate it.

the strange one is that it wasn't set to "Dauerbetrieb" (Always on), before i formated my pc and i could play planetside too.

Thank you very much for this wonderful sreenshot
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum