E3 Expo - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No man really dies they just respawn.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-10, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: E3 Expo

Rbstr, I used to make that same arguement, but that was back in March. Here we are approaching mid-June and I still know exactly as much as I knew back then. And when the Executive Producer told us in mid-April that we would get alot more details "in the coming weeks and months", I actually thought that meant the coming weeks and months, not several months or more.

And you know what, I bet SOE was using the "We are working hard on it" line with the Agency up until they canned it.
Old 2011-06-10, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Vaner
Private

Rbstr, I used to make that same arguement, but that was back in March. Here we are approaching mid-June and I still know exactly as much as I knew back then. And when the Executive Producer told us in mid-April that we would get alot more details "in the coming weeks and months", I actually thought that meant the coming weeks and months, not several months or more.

And you know what, I bet SOE was using the "We are working hard on it" line with the Agency up until they canned it.
RAymak, your right on. Im starting to think that SOny has some plants on this forum that are still trying to carry on the lie. If that one poster, who claimed to be affiliated with SOe, was actualy who he said he was. THen its a bad sign of the direction Sony is moving in.
Old 2011-06-10, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Vancha
Colonel

I think we can let up on the paranoia now. We knew seeing PS2 at E3 was unlikely, and now what we expected has happened, suddenly everyone's calling vaporware?

Lets face it - Smed, as much as he loves the game, ended up conveying a bafflingly off-the-mark release window. I'm not aware of SoE having said anything about PSN...In fact, I don't think they've even announced it's development officially, but they wouldn't be moving all the assets over to a new engine if they were just going to scrap the project. Calling doomsday on PSN at this point is just silliness.
Old 2011-06-10, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
I think we can let up on the paranoia now. We knew seeing PS2 at E3 was unlikely, and now what we expected has happened, suddenly everyone's calling vaporware?

Lets face it - Smed, as much as he loves the game, ended up conveying a bafflingly off-the-mark release window. I'm not aware of SoE having said anything about PSN...In fact, I don't think they've even announced it's development officially, but they wouldn't be moving all the assets over to a new engine if they were just going to scrap the project. Calling doomsday on PSN at this point is just silliness.
Actually, I honestly expected to hear something about PS2 at E3 since hundreds of other games were doing the same thing. Also, that great producer's letter mentioned a timing that coincided with E3, so I read between the lines and got my hopes up. However SOE never once said anything about PS2 being mentioned at E3, so the disappointment is primarily self-inflicted.

Also, I'm far from calling PS2 vaporware. I believe SOE when they say they are still working on it. If it was vaporware, they would have canned it at the same time as the Agency. It's just frustrating because I would have thought we'd have gotten at least some information by now.

Hopefully they will be making a big announcement at Fan Faire, but i'm not holding my breath because they havn't even hinted they'll be talking about PS2 at Fan Faire.

@Vaner: I appreciate the support, but if you are going to take my side, tone down the conspiracy theory paranoia just a tad. You're at about a 7, and we're gonna need you to turn it down to about a 2.
Old 2011-06-14, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Perhaps they had planned E3 stuff, but delayed it due to the hacking, the closures, and this supposed new engine. I would certainly want to step back and take another look after a 123 like that, before announcing it to the world.

Also, games can be announced anytime. SWTOR wasn't even announced at an expo.
Old 2011-06-14, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by LordReaver View Post
Perhaps they had planned E3 stuff, but delayed it due to the hacking, the closures, and this supposed new engine. I would certainly want to step back and take another look after a 123 like that, before announcing it to the world.

Also, games can be announced anytime. SWTOR wasn't even announced at an expo.
And maybe the world really did end March 25...
Old 2011-06-15, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #112
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
And maybe the world really did end March 25...
Yes, because considering a possibility is the same as believing the world was going to magically end.
Old 2011-06-15, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

No just having faith in SOE right now seems that way to me. I've become very pessimistic concerning PS2.
Old 2011-06-16, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Lazza
Private

It's apparent to me that they were going to throw a sub par game together using some engine, maybe UE3 as speculated by some people, with minimal resources to milk some money out of us poor saps. Then they realised how much anticipation was surrounding it's release and thought s**t we had better put more effort into this or we are going to get slaughtered, at which point they threw some $$ and people at it and release a nice letter to the tune of hey we f**ked up but it's all good. I would say it's a case of they've started again, and we won't hear much about it for a long time to come, if we hear anything at all. Hopefully everyone hasn't lost interest by then.
Old 2011-06-16, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Lazza View Post
It's apparent to me that they were going to throw a sub par game together using some engine, maybe UE3 as speculated by some people, with minimal resources to milk some money out of us poor saps. Then they realised how much anticipation was surrounding it's release and thought s**t we had better put more effort into this or we are going to get slaughtered, at which point they threw some $$ and people at it and release a nice letter to the tune of hey we f**ked up but it's all good. I would say it's a case of they've started again, and we won't hear much about it for a long time to come, if we hear anything at all. Hopefully everyone hasn't lost interest by then.
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. I know Smed said the three studio closures had nothing to do with PS2's delay, but I'm thinking with the closure of those three studios and the resulting rise in PS2 staff, SoE decided to pin their hopes on PS2. They've done a Duke-Nukem forever and started over, beginning with a switch to a new engine.
Old 2011-06-17, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
LordReaver
First Sergeant

My expectations are moderate. SOE is trapped in a corner right now. Which should be a good thing for PS. The reason being, is that their only two games that worth a damn, are EQ and PS. With WoW still on the table and TOR coming out, EQ isn't exactly in the spotlight anymore. PS on the other hand, could potentially revolutionize the gaming world. SOE knows this on some level. The game shouldn't be so badly coded this time around, meaning continued development will hopefully be better. They have also learned how marketing can actually do them wonders (DCUO). However, their track record is still absolutely terrible, so I'm on the fence.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion