Planetside 2 Missions - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where aquaphobia is not irrational.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-24, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Planetside 2 Missions

Nice play Higby, and Zulthus also I usually remove those replies but it's just to well placed.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-24, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Do you have Basins?
Yep, you can even collect 10,000 used shell casings from around the south Cyssor Warpgate Basin and return them to Armsmaster Kyns at the Orisha Tech Plant to earn "Kyns' belt of endless ammo" - this mission unlocks access to Shango and is basically required equip for any of the high level raids in northern Cyssor.

Didn't you guys see the mission list we released last week: http://tinyurl.com/3d8mz85 ??
Old 2011-09-24, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Raymac
Brigadier General

Dude, so no fair. That means VS all get 1337 epics by default.

Old 2011-09-24, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
FIREk
Captain

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Yep, you can even collect 10,000 used shell casings from around the south Cyssor Warpgate Basin and return them to Armsmaster Kyns at the Orisha Tech Plant to earn "Kyns' belt of endless ammo" - this mission unlocks access to Shango and is basically required equip for any of the high level raids in northern Cyssor.
Will there be Battlegrounds, or just open-world and instanced PvE? Also, I'm a bit shy around people - are all quests (besides raids) soloable, or do I have to play with others?

Last edited by FIREk; 2011-09-24 at 03:43 PM.
Old 2011-09-24, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by FIREk View Post
Support only has value between wherever you can spawn it, and your objective. Otherwise it's just a useless time sink.
That's how it was implemented and used in the original, to the poit that I was usually told to just bail out of the galaxy after dropping the squad off. I'd like that to change.
Old 2011-09-24, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
FIREk
Captain

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
That's how it was implemented and used in the original, to the poit that I was usually told to just bail out of the galaxy after dropping the squad off. I'd like that to change.
Well, now your Gal will act as a transport, and perhaps a cloakable AMS after landing.

Even if the latter is not the case, being able to respawn those squadmates that have fallen to base defenses or mines will be a good enough reason to keep your Gal airborne for a few minutes at least.

That being said, PlanetSide vehicles (and everything else) are made by/from nanites spread across the world, which makes them ridiculously expendable. So in terms of "realism" it made sense for you to abandon your transport the moment it became useless.

Also, I obviously wanted to type in "Transport", not "Support"... Edited for correctness. I work at customer support and today is the last day of my vacation, so I seem to be thinking work already... :P

Last edited by FIREk; 2011-09-24 at 04:39 PM.
Old 2011-09-24, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah. The idea is that I would like transports to be less useless. Gal spawning is an good move for that, since now there will be reason to keep and protect a gal instead of immediately abandon it.
Old 2011-09-24, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Graywolves
General

Didn't you guys see the mission list we released last week: http://tinyurl.com/3d8mz85 ??
1. where do Velociraptor Mounts drop?

2. Do we need to do a quest to unlock Death Knight?
Old 2011-09-24, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

There would be actually some epicness in a planetside themed MMORPG.

But more important right now: If we may suggest the theme for next weeks QnA and stuff: The World! We want to know what continents stay, what bases, and possible screenshots/concept arts of them, especialy of the map!
Old 2011-09-25, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hamma
PSU Admin

I want next weeks theme to be "Not on Twitter"

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-09-25, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Crator
Major General

I'm assuming they are using Twitter for free advertising. My question is, can you setup IRC to feed to Twitter? That way they could do the chat session through IRC but still get the benefit of Twitter.
Old 2011-09-25, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Vecha
First Sergeant

That was mean...
Old 2011-09-26, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Grimster
First Lieutenant

This thread and Higbys replies made my Monday.

Thank you for bringing me a smile that will probably last me the whole day.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-09-26, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I'm assuming they are using Twitter for free advertising. My question is, can you setup IRC to feed to Twitter? That way they could do the chat session through IRC but still get the benefit of Twitter.
THIS. Auto-tag everything with #Planetside2, maybe let folks associate their twitter & IRC channels, so the tweets can come from the right people.

That would \mm/!!

\mm/: "too much metal for one hand" rawk.
Old 2011-09-26, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Yes, you can setup IRC to feed twitter. But 140 characters remain to be 140 characters, means most stuff will be cut off. On top of that, if you dont mark manually what is ment to be send to twitter, you will have a lot of crappy tweets.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion