No macros, mouse tweaks etc. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: wheres the zipper on my re-inforced armor?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-04, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Re: can we not have.....

Originally Posted by basti View Post
I mean, whats the point? What exactly could macros do for you in an FPS?
In most modern games, they are pointless and not needed. Although they are/were used in many FPS games most have been rectified.

Planetside you could set up strafe macros to induce warp, etc.

CoD you use to be able to set up scroll firing using the mouse wheels.

As a person posted above, "pump action shotgun to auto fire".
Old 2012-02-04, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Maximizing rate of fire on semi-auto weapons.

Perhaps.. macro voice macros?
While the Macro voice macros are something ive done myself (g15), maximising the firerate on a semi auto is a BAD idea to do. No one does that, unless the game doesnt have any kind of COF or recoil.

Really there is nothing a macro can do for you in a FPS.
Old 2012-02-04, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Tasorin
Staff Sergeant

Prime example is the Gauss Rifle.

I set a macro up that when I push button 6 on my mouse it enables a .1 second delay repeated tap on my left mouse button. If I want to stop firing all I have to do is retap mouse button 6.

Now I don't have to bust my already busted fingers from 30 years of gaming trying to keep the spray down on the Gauss by mashing the left mouse button as quick as I can. This as well gives the Gauss the effect of being an automatic weapon with little to no cone of fire due to recoil and keeps as many rounds on target as I can.

A solid G-series style keyboard and a good high dpi multi-button gaming mouse are your friend in a FPS.

Last edited by Tasorin; 2012-02-04 at 10:46 AM.
Old 2012-02-04, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: No macros, mouse tweaks etc.

Renamed thread.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-04, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

I'm with basti in this, what's the point? If you use 3rd party tools (even if it's your mouse driver) to maximize fire rate or anything, you're a cheater.

If you have a 20 button MMORPG-mouse and you use all 20 buttons with your fingers it's ok. There is human involved.
Old 2012-02-04, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Conq
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
All which are available in most modern games by default?
No, not really. The last mmofps I really enjoyed was APB and it was severely deficient in basic key binds. In fact, I'll use APB as a good example.

Back in the day, you couldn't shoot while sprinting. You had to let go of sprint, wait 500ms, fire and wait 500ms before starting sprint again. I found that pretty frustrating with a pump shotgun because it left me as a sitting duck between shots. What I did was set up an auto sprint macro that dropped me out of sprint for the precise amount of time need to fire, fire and then reengaged sprint. It allowed me to sprint between shells which was a huge boon.

Nowadays, APB lets you do that automatically and the macro isn't needed. Sometimes games just don't have what you need (yet) and you have to build it yourself. Yes, even simple things like a crouch toggle sometimes.

Last edited by Conq; 2012-02-04 at 05:47 PM.
Old 2012-02-04, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Really there is nothing a macro can do for you in a FPS.
You never saw my dolphin diving macro for battlefield 2.
Old 2012-02-04, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

This sort of falls more into the developers hands...Ensuring they put a cap on the fire rate of weapons instead of givng the player the opportunity to fire the weapon that fast, it should have a set RoF that no matter how fast the trigger is pulled, it will not surpass that speed.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-02-04, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
This sort of falls more into the developers hands...Ensuring they put a cap on the fire rate of weapons instead of givng the player the opportunity to fire the weapon that fast, it should have a set RoF that no matter how fast the trigger is pulled, it will not surpass that speed.
Fortunately SOE has extensive experience dealing with people who use exploits or third party software to cheat. I'm positive things like this are considered.
Old 2012-02-04, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Smokingrabbit
Private

this has never botherd me. So long as you dont break the rules of the game you arnt cheating. Hardware has allways been an advantage in PC gaming. If the devs dont want it it is very easy for them to program the game so that rapid fire macros are a non issue.
Old 2012-02-04, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Marth Koopa
Banned

Bunny Hopping in Team Fortress Classic. Nobody with their sanity in tact would manually press the jump button perfectly on landing, every pro had a script to spam the jump button for maximum bunny hopping efficiency.
Old 2012-02-05, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Smokingrabbit
Private

Originally Posted by Marth Koopa View Post
Bunny Hopping in Team Fortress Classic. Nobody with their sanity in tact would manually press the jump button perfectly on landing, every pro had a script to spam the jump button for maximum bunny hopping efficiency.
easy fix - remove the viability of the bunny hop
Old 2012-02-05, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
But still, macros will always be more efficient than human hand due to the lack of human error. The macro can always shoot the semi autos at the maximum RoF, while human will always have some inconsistancy in it.

Doesnt sound like much, but it's actually a fairly big problem in APB atm. Theres this one semi auto primary that can't really be nerfed cos then it would be worthless to legit users, but it's too good when people use macros to use the highest possible RoF.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-02-05, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
FIREk
Captain

(snip)
Drat, you beat me to it. So the Obeya is still borked, huh?
Old 2012-02-05, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

But still, macros will always be more efficient than human hand due to the lack of human error. The macro can always shoot the semi autos at the maximum RoF, while human will always have some inconsistancy in it.

Doesnt sound like much, but it's actually a fairly big problem in APB atm. Theres this one semi auto primary that can't really be nerfed cos then it would be worthless to legit users, but it's too good when people use macros to use the highest possible RoF.
i cant wait to see people try to use shooting macros in a game that is cof and recoil. cant wait!!!! ill be the one shooting you in the face while your shooting at the sky.

they work fine for cof games. but theres is no macro to control recoil.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2012-02-06 at 04:04 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion