What faction do you LEAST want to play as? - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where people dont cry nerf
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: What faction do you want to play as the least?
Terran Republic 41 24.85%
New Conglomerate 58 35.15%
Vanu Sovreignty 66 40.00%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-02, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #151
acosmo
Sergeant Major

Re: What faction do you LEAST want to play as?

i think it's funny how the VS get the most people wanting to play them and the most people not wanting to play them
Old 2012-02-02, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #152
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by acosmo View Post
i think it's funny how the VS get the most people wanting to play them and the most people not wanting to play them
In fact, it is the same order in the other thread too.

Terran are the least played and have the least amount of people voting for them. NC are in second place in both polls too.

Interesting, is it not?
Old 2012-02-02, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
Princess Frosty
Corporal

The VS, honestly I don't like the pew pew layz0rz stuff, energy weapons never really felt very satisfying to shoot to me, unless they're sort of powering up and discharging kind of like the BFG style weapon, they make the best super weapons but for regular battlefield fights they just seem...silly.

Bullet and shot based weapons of the TR and NC are way more satisfying to fire, they feel like they have a greater presence in the world, that if you shoot at something they're getting struck and taking damage, the shotgun weapons especially so.

I'm a TR man at heart though, I just love the modern variants of assault rifles like the Cycler (ok common pool i know) and the MCG, the new minigun looks awesome.

PC game fix database - http://www.pcgamingstandards.com
Old 2012-02-02, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #154
LongBow
Sergeant

It was a tough call ... but the scythe beet the TR air attack dolphin for worst looking Air cav and thus the ride I would not want to be seen dead in!
Old 2012-02-02, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #155
Draep
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Also, I've noticed VS seem to have a rather large presence here at PSU, so that probably affects things.
Yeah and look at all the quality threads being posted....
Something tells me the VS are going to be pretty disorganized on launch day.
Old 2012-02-02, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #156
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by LongBow View Post
TR air attack dolphin
Despite your intentions, this description makes it sound kind of awesome

Originally Posted by Draep View Post
Yeah and look at all the quality threads being posted....
Something tells me the VS are going to be pretty disorganized on launch day.
TR propaganda!
Also all 3 factions will go through some... changes... when the new players (hopefully) flood
Auraxis.

And talking about propaganda...
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
True Terrans are of the people and fight for the people. You promise a future of intellectual and technological advancement but at the cost of those you once called family. The Republic which gave its people Auraxis; you wish to squander on yourselves.

Your Crusade is lead by traitors and will not usher a future of advancement but suffocate under its own single mindedness. Technology does not equal might, the People of the Republic will continue our species advancement through cooperation.

Glory to the Republic
You are mistaken, but it is not your fault. Your leaders are intentionally keeping you in the dark. You fight to destroy all that you fear that and subjugate all that opposes you, where we fight to uplift all those who are beneath us and unite all those cannot be at peace on their own.
When our task on Auraxis is done, all will be at harmony. Those "we once called family" will see that we were right all along, and so will you.

I look forward to that day.

(I know right? It's like the best part of forumside)

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2012-02-02 at 10:33 AM.
Old 2012-02-03, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #157
LongBow
Sergeant

Originally Posted by LongBow View Post
TR air attack dolphin
Despite your intentions, this description makes it sound kind of awesome
Yehh...that awesomeness is why the Vanu have the worst...but it does look like a dolphin >.>
Old 2012-02-15, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #158
SergeantD
Private

I'll definitely not be playing VS since I don't believe in the whole idea of alien technology will be the way for mankind, though the truth is it's not the alien technology that adapts to man, but man who will be adapting to alien technology which will in time turn us into alienated beings (just look how that went in dead space huh).

As of NC I don't like their ideals since they do remind me of the typical freedom fighters/civillians drunk on revolution and ideas of unlimited freedom/etc. which if achieved will most likely end up in a corrupted goverment and the like bent on their own agendas striving for power within politics.

Lastly as of TR (the faction I'll be playing) I guess you "could" say they are at the stage where NC will end up someday, an empire who doesn't believe that alien technology will be the way for mankind or "freedom to do whatever you want" ideals will lead the way for mankind. An empire based on regulations, laws, taxes and of course conquest of the universe with the strength of their vast armies of the empire and the iron will of the people to succeed with their mission.
Old 2012-02-15, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by deltase View Post
We'll see about that when the laZZ0rs of d00M vaporise you and your army into tin air.
Which is better, thin air or red mist?
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-02-15, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
Garem
Sergeant

I'm shocked this isn't more even! Vanu weaponry is interesting, so no surprise there. NC is blocky-looking and their fighting style has always been very direct- my least favorite.

It blows me away that the TR get so much love. I've always wondered why they appealed to me most, but I could never find the answer.
Old 2012-02-15, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Stormhall

I look at the PlanetSide factions like Star Wars I feel the NC are the evil Rebels trying to ruin the Imperial (TR) goal of a united galaxy with peace and control and I think VS are those aliens chilling in the back doing deeds for either side and yes I am more of a TR kind of guy and I absolutely love the stormtroopers also why oh why did people rebel against the TR ships I mean read Connery's holovids he tried to expand Earth's exploration boundaries and he tried to keep the peace between the people in the horrible times read those holovids the TR aren't as bad as you think.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion