Remind me: has someone already read and reported-on this April issue of PC Gamer? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: is marsman a new action hero?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-02-16, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Remind me: has someone already read and reported-on this April issue of PC Gamer?

I have this memory that there was a big article on Planetside 2 being written, and that someone got their hands on it, and sadly reported that "there's nothing new in here." We agreed that we were very happy that Planetside 2 is being put on the radar of the mainstream gaming world, but we were disappointed that it was just a rehash of things we (the avid Planetside 2 fans) already knew. Is that this April issue? Or was that some other, lesser article? I'm hoping that it was some other article, because Higby has teased that there are some surprises in this April issue.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

I keep checking with my newsstand that stocks PC Gamer; it will arrive soon! w0000!

~Zachariah
Old 2012-02-16, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NivexQ
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Remind me: has someone already read and reported-on this April issue of PC Gamer?

You're thinking of the last issue of Gameinformer. It was just an interview with Matt Higby that pretty much summed up what we already knew. The new PC Gamer is going to supposedly have new info that noone has heard, as well as a beta key.

NivexTR - TR - 30/5 - -=The Black Sheep=-
SYNxNivexQ - NC - 26/4 - [:::::SYN:::::]
NivexVS - VS - 19/2? - SYNDICATEVS?

http://www.twitch.tv/nivexq
I don't broadcast much, but you never know
Old 2012-02-16, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Graywolves
General

Re: Remind me: has someone already read and reported-on this April issue of PC Gamer?

Originally Posted by NivexQ View Post
You're thinking of the last issue of Gameinformer. It was just an interview with Matt Higby that pretty much summed up what we already knew. The new PC Gamer is going to supposedly have new info that noone has heard, as well as a beta key.
^
Old 2012-02-16, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by NivexQ View Post
Exactly.
Old 2012-02-16, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Awesome, that's great news! Thanks so much, guys :-)

Hamma, you can close up this one if you like :-)

~Zachariah
Old 2012-02-16, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ringring
Contributor
General

Sooo,
Higby does 2 interviews within days if not hours of each other to Gameinformer and PC gamer.

One gets nothing.

The other get great info, an in-game demo and play test plus Beta keys!

Are Gameinformer mad they got the shitty end of the stick?

Lol .... I guess that's marketing for you.
Old 2012-02-16, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Adeon Hawkwood
Private

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Sooo,
Higby does 2 interviews within days if not hours of each other to Gameinformer and PC gamer.
One gets nothing.
The other get great info, an in-game demo and play test plus Beta keys!
Are Gameinformer mad they got the shitty end of the stick?
Lol .... I guess that's marketing for you.
It's presumably just a matter of trading. In exchange for all the cool stuff PCGamer agreed to put a giant PS2 picture on the front cover. So PS2 gets a free advertisement in every magazine rack across the country and lots of PS2 fanboys (including me) buy a copy to get the beta access.
Old 2012-02-16, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

"Buy a copy"? I'm going to buy 5. One for me, and one for each of my 4 friends!

~Zachariah
Old 2012-02-17, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

I still don't understand why any "PS fanboys" think they need a copy for the beta. Get it for the article, sure. But you are alredy in the beta pool
Old 2012-02-17, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

That's true, but we've already been told that the following people get in first: 1. People who attended Fan Faire 2011 (I did not/cannot). 2. Planetside 1 players (our introduction to Planetside 1 came in the form of a friend of ours giving us his game and account name; we have long since forgotten whatever that info was). 3. People who get a key from the magazine.

That will ensure that, among whomever gets first, we'll be there. And it's true, it might only mean the difference of 2 weeks, but it could make the difference of 2 months. There's no way to know, so why chance it? :-) And yes, I'm super-excited about the actual article, too!

w00000!

~Zachariah
Old 2012-02-17, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Adeon Hawkwood
Private

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post
I still don't understand why any "PS fanboys" think they need a copy for the beta. Get it for the article, sure. But you are alredy in the beta pool
Not necessarily. I never played PS1 and haven't been to Fan Faire so I'm not currently in the Beta pool.
Old 2012-02-17, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Adeon Hawkwood View Post
Not necessarily. I never played PS1 and haven't been to Fan Faire so I'm not currently in the Beta pool.
Then you're not a PS fanboy.
Old 2012-02-17, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Adeon Hawkwood
Private

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Then you're not a PS fanboy.
That's why I specified "PS2 Fanboy" in my first post
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion