SOEside - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The word of the day is "queeb"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-14, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: SOEside

Well saints row is meant to be over the top, but still, the more serious they keep things, the happier I will be.

Maybe they don't need hood ornaments, but they do gotta have stuff to sell. More productive time may be spent suggesting ideas for large varieties of cosmetics that are more serious and closer in line with ps2s style. I'm not too concerned with the current direction they are taking or I would make my own list of suggestions.

At least everyone seems civil and interested in planetside 2 being as awesome and successful as possible. Always good to have threads like that.
Old 2012-05-14, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Artimus
Master Sergeant

Changing headlights, rims, color pattern are all okay because I will be able to set my vehicals apart from the rest. Especially if an outfit puts alot if time into tweaking the look of there specialized vehical I am sure we will see some really unique vehicals. Even if it sticks out like a sore thumb I'm sure people will take pride in there creations.

as far as drastic tweaks like stated above. (clown suites, pig missels) would be a big no no for this game..but I'm sure you already know this. Anyways I would not mind seeing what halo reach did and tweaking the master chief armour ever so slightly but made a ton of versions :o
Old 2012-05-14, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Harkounen
Private

Just found out that tiny hood ornaments are being added to the game AND NOW MY GAMING EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN RUINED BEFORE IT EVEN BEGAN AHH-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! I demand full-motion advertisements to be pilot-able as vehicles.

But yeah.. tiny hood ornaments = no possible negative impact on me unless I'm bored enough to arbitrarily breed hatred to make it so .

Would be nice to see "tiny throwbacks" to stuff I remember for a bit of subtle variety in the world. Not like we're gonna see giant wings on tanks or pillars of hats on infantry XD
Old 2012-05-14, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Xaine
Major

Have to agree with most of the people here.

I don't mind something like a Sword or Staff as a hood-ornament, as it could be a symbol, but even that is pushing it.

Keep the stylised realism theme in, keep the goofy TF2 stuff out. Works fine in TF2, doesn't work here.
Old 2012-05-14, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
cellinaire
Captain

I have to agree with the majority here.

No tinfoil hat in PS2 =)
Old 2012-05-15, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I wonder if things like a Free Realms logo hood ornament will be unlocked by having played both PS2 and Free Realms on the same account, sort of like how some TF2 unlocks are gotten.

That's about the only way I can see that particular type of thing making sense, since I doubt a ton of people would pay for that particular cosmetic, and it seems kind of odd to just give it to everyone.

Cross promotion is always good for advertising. Maybe they could do a bit of a TF2 thing there, although hopefully extremely toned down. Like if you purchase x game on steam, you can unlock y cosmetic in PS2. Something tasteful and within the art style of Planetside would be acceptable I think.

It does seem like an area that they could get carried away very easily and end up adding some stupid shit, but I'm hopeful that they will keep a lid on it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion