Base Monitor Station Concept - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait wait, don't use that last quote.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-17, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
windlord
Corporal

Base Monitor Station Concept

Gday folks,

I'm new here, however I've been lurking around for some months now.

I had an idea the other day that I thought was just peachy.

I know there are various bases, it's the future and I thought to myself. What's a base worth without some sort of central monitoring/video system.

The idea would be that a central station could be plugged into by a single operator who could monitor various cameras throughout a base. These cameras in turn could also be shot, neutralised by a hostile incoming force.

I was thinking that when you're at a base, you're dependant, perhaps, on an information feed as to the status of enemies in the immediate area. But how to source that information? Without getting too much information?

I remember back in WW2 online how you could run in a particular direction hoping you might stumble into the enemy when in fact they were in the other direction. It was all a bit adhoc. So I thought this system would add another layer, be realistic and open to further application. Remote camera drones anyone?

Let me know what you reckon. And thanks for keeping me entertained whele I wait for the great promise of this game to be realised.

Have a cracker.
Old 2012-05-17, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: Base Monitor Station Concept

well we had radar on the minimap in planetside, with this enemies in certain bases would appear as reddots on your minimap and engineers could deploy sensors that would do the same

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-05-17, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

if am not mistaken they had talked about engineers being able to place cameras at one point
Old 2012-05-17, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Wouldnt be a bad idea if the engy could place some type of monitor like a camera in place of a turret.
Old 2012-05-17, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rainfur
Corporal

Hm... Could be a good addition if implemented properly.
Old 2012-05-17, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Maybe combine an engi camera with the idea for an engi spotlight. A single device, which you can use to monitor an area, or as a search light to light up the night if. Fully toggleable and remote operated.

Make it something that an Engi builds with an ACE, and give it a decent amount of hitpoints so it can sustain small bursts of small arms fire.

Then give infiltrators a sticky camera grenade, which can be destroyed by a single direct shot from any gun (although it should probably be able to survive small amounts of splash damage for balance sake), but is easier to toss into obscure dark corners of rooms to spy on people or get the drop on them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion