PSU: Where tiggers can bounce freely
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-06-08, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Lets find some bad comments about planetside!

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
BTW it was me trolling the youtube video...ImgladUmad

I stopped after I got a couple of long responses....I felt tired to respond to each one and use my troll logic to keep it going, which Im sure I would.

Im sorry if I offended you guys, I did it for the lulz....Some people came up with some good arguments which is good because they should be prepared to counter a troll and make the game look good.

It was quite easy to troll planetside, I know the game and the fanbase...I know which buttons to push.

was thinking about giving you a Infraction for that, but then again, you are a nice dude here, and punishing you for whatever you do on youtube isnt really the way to go.

But seriously, dont you have better stuff to do? Youtube comments are pretty much useless these days thanks to the trolls. Every time a video gets a bunch of views, trolls appear and just break the comment section, making it useless for everyone else.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SGTalon View Post
Ask MrBloodworth, he has tons of things he hates!
I don't hate anything. I'm giving Constructive feedback. It helps if people read what others write instead of stereotyping them, and attacking that stereotype.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
I don't care what people say about hating trolls...They love em.

Trolling is good for mankind.
Disagree.
If you were to act like a troll in person in any given situation, at best you would be an anathema. At worst you would get your ass beat.Thus it only occurs in a environment of total anonymity.

Any activity in which someone must utterly conceal their actual identity from the public is usually not a very healthy one, like serial killings.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
megamold
Second Lieutenant

i say there is no such thing as bad publicity.

if i hear someone say "oh man game X really sucks!"
that has never stopped me from looking it up and trying it out if it looked good to me.

i believe this game will draw its playerbase more from the older gamers, and from the more tactically oriented younger ones.
pretty much like planetside 1 did

the annoying thing here is that the biggest voice is usually the 10 - 18 y/o that thinks he is a gamer, but never used a pc for more then facebook and never used his console for anything other then *insert generic shooter here*
Old 2012-06-08, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

The best comment I've seen so far was:
*blahnothingblahspecialblah*Only an idiot will buy this game.
I'm not sure if was a troll or an ignorant person, but I like the wording...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-08, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
megamold
Second Lieutenant

i for one am gonna buy the shit out of this game
Old 2012-06-08, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
was thinking about giving you a Infraction for that, but then again, you are a nice dude here, and punishing you for whatever you do on youtube isnt really the way to go.

But seriously, dont you have better stuff to do? Youtube comments are pretty much useless these days thanks to the trolls. Every time a video gets a bunch of views, trolls appear and just break the comment section, making it useless for everyone else.
Well I just started trolling youtube...The only reason I did this video was because you guys were looking at it so I thought it will be funny. I got way too many responses and I didn't wanna waste time so I just stop...

Well youtube comments are full of trolls or hard headed people so I think the comments suck for discussions..Some of them are funny however.

and what happens in utube stays in utube so no infractions plz.

BTW Im still getting notifications that people are replying to my comments in youtube....Is kind of crazy that people read all the comments just so they can comment.

Originally Posted by Kriegson View Post
Disagree.
If you were to act like a troll in person in any given situation, at best you would be an anathema. At worst you would get your ass beat.Thus it only occurs in a environment of total anonymity.

Any activity in which someone must utterly conceal their actual identity from the public is usually not a very healthy one, like serial killings.
Well I say trolling is good for the internet.

As in real life, well trolling can also be good. Some people like arguing, sometimes I just disagree with people and play devils advocate, countering every point.

They still talk to me the next day, and you know what?....I learn stuff from trolling...I learn a lot about new topics by challenging people. They tell me why I am wrong and I just listen.

A long as you don't go full troll in real life....it should work.
Old 2012-06-08, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
These are generally WoW guilds or COD clans (as in the ones that play NO OTHER GAMES). Generally a very ignorant type of "gamer", they think of themselves as the pinacle of video gaming but have never played anything outside the one single game they feel overpowered in. They are generally not worth the time to talk to because of their own arrogance and belief of self importance.
Huh...I know some Planetside 1 people like that..
Old 2012-06-13, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

If I ever need to be cheered up, I can just check out any Planetside 2 gameplay video and get a good laugh from the 2003-testicle-spelunkers.

I love it when these kids try to troll, but they suck at it. It's hilarious!

One comment I found funny: "This game looks like $#!7."
So simple, yet so much of it could be corrected. It's such an obvious troll, considering PS2's graphics are much better than most modern games I've seen, and on par with the rest.

Makes me laugh every time.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge