Resource Denial: PS1 vs PS2 - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-24, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #136
Akadios
Sergeant

Re: Resource Denial: PS1 vs PS2

Stupid thread. Beta hasn't even started and you are trying to say there are resource type issues. You don't even know how much things cost, if resources are tradeable, if outfits can tax, or even how much you get for things.

This is exactly the type of thread that wrecks games. You get a bunch of idiots complaining about something with no information and then a change is made and something that probably worked fine is wrecked.

Last edited by Akadios; 2012-06-24 at 08:26 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #137
Pillar of Armor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Akadios View Post
Stupid thread. Beta hasn't even started and you are trying to say there are resource type issues. You don't even know how much things cost, if resources are tradeable, if outfits can tax, or even how much you get for things.

This is exactly the type of thread that wrecks games. You get a bunch of idiots complaining about something with no information and then a change is made and something that probably worked fine is wrecked.
Just because you haven't bothered to look at the numbers doesn't mean others haven't. Yes the numbers in the Alpha are subject to change, but SOE is working with and improving upon the same base numbers that we are all looking it.

Tell me, if you have 5000 resources stockpiled and it costs 100 to spawn a tank, why would you care if one of the high resource yielding facilities is lost? You are going to fight where ever you feel like because resources aren't important anymore. If your foothold yields enough resources to keep your massive pool up, why bother attack bases with high resource yields? Why bother defend them? Frontier battles are tough, with enough resources you could fight and farm kills anywhere at random and it has no real effect on your ability to get equipment.

I'm a big fan of making foothold facilities yield low resources and frontier facilities yield higher resources. Couple this with a very small resource pool with a quick resource gain rate and things could be balanced, fun, and strategy will really matter.

Last edited by Pillar of Armor; 2012-06-24 at 08:39 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #138
Akadios
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pillar of Armor View Post
Just because you haven't bothered to look at the numbers doesn't mean others haven't. Yes the numbers in the Alpha are subject to change, but SOE is working with and improving upon the same base numbers that we are all looking it.

Tell me, if you have 5000 resources stockpiled and it costs 100 to spawn a tank, why would you care if one of the high resource yielding facilities is lost? You are going to fight where ever you feel like because resources aren't important anymore. If your foothold yields enough resources to keep your massive pool up, why bother attack bases with high resource yields? Why bother defend them? Frontier battles are tough, with enough resources you could fight and farm kills anywhere at random and it has no real effect on your ability to get equipment.

I'm a big fan of making foothold facilities yield low resources and frontier facilities yield higher resources. Couple this with a very small resource pool with a quick resource gain rate and things could be balanced, fun, and strategy will really matter.
Link factual source(ie like Sony released information) for rate of resource gain, resource cap, outfit resources, taxes, decay, and cost of resource items or STFU.

PS: I have spent way too much time on 4chan and Reddit not to notice you didn't actually say you had the numbers.

Last edited by Akadios; 2012-06-24 at 08:54 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #139
TeaLeaf
Corporal

Haven't read all 10 pages but what if each faction had a resource cap that individuals couldn't exceed? The cap would be greater the more resource generators of that type you hold so losing a base not only slows income but also drops the max resources you can hold. You could have 1200 of a resource stockpiled but losing a base may drop it to 1100.

You could also make resource pumps provide a discount to connected hexes for stuff that uses that resource. For example tanks are cheaper the more producers of whatever the tank resource is are near.
Old 2012-06-24, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #140
Pillar of Armor
Sergeant

Link factual source(ie like Sony released information) for rate of resource gain, resource cap, outfit resources, taxes, decay, and cost of resource items or STFU.

PS: I have spent way too much time on 4chan and Reddit not to notice you didn't actually say you had the numbers.
Outfit resources, taxes, decay: none of these were mentioned as planned components of the resource system in beta or even launch. They were just ideas being thrown about in this thread.

The exact resource gain rate is unknown, but there is a map of territory values which should give you a sense for it. If the three major foothold regions are worth 48 (about half the price of an MBT) all together (16 a piece [find the map in this thread]) you could imagine that the gain rate would have to be slow enough that holding these regions would not be enough to spawn a tank every 3-5 minutes (about the cool down length for a vehicle spawn [see the video below]). It would be reasonable with the current system if you get a resource gain from controlled territories every 5-30 minutes. It's a wide range I know, but it's something to work with. They might have even mentioned the exact gain rate, but maybe someone else could fill you in with more of those details. In any case, the gain rate is highly dependent on the value of territories, which is most of what this discussion is about...

For all of the rest of the resource information, watch this vid and pay attention:

If you asked nicely I might have linked you to the exact moments that show this stuff off...
Old 2012-06-24, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #141
Akadios
Sergeant

Outfit resources, taxes, decay: none of these were mentioned as planned components of the resource system in beta or even launch. They were just ideas being thrown about in this thread.

The exact resource gain rate is unknown, but there is a map of territory values which should give you a sense for it. If the three major foothold regions are worth 48 (about half the price of an MBT) all together (16 a piece [find the map in this thread]) you could imagine that the gain rate would have to be slow enough that holding these regions would not be enough to spawn a tank every 3-5 minutes (about the cool down length for a vehicle spawn [see the video below]). It would be reasonable with the current system if you get a resource gain from controlled territories every 5-30 minutes. It's a wide range I know, but it's something to work with. They might have even mentioned the exact gain rate, but maybe someone else could fill you in with more of those details. In any case, the gain rate is highly dependent on the value of territories, which is most of what this discussion is about...

For all of the rest of the resource information, watch this vid and pay attention:
http://youtu.be/onvySU5NkFo

If you asked nicely I might have linked you to the exact moments that show this stuff off...
Thank you for proving my point. He gave no specifics, all the numbers you just mentioned are total speculation. Simply writing a paragraph with numbers in the middle and linking a youtube video doesn't make facts.

You proved that all numbers in this thread are speculation and thus my original post stands.

Last edited by Akadios; 2012-06-24 at 09:53 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #142
Akadios
Sergeant

double posted

Last edited by Akadios; 2012-06-24 at 10:01 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #143
Pillar of Armor
Sergeant

I have seen that and there are no specifics dude, thank you for proving my point. He doesn't give numbers he just talks about general concepts and this entire thread is speculation.
In the video you can see the cost of vehicles, mods, and the number of resources available in your personal pool. He doesn't talk about it, you have to look at the UI.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #144
Dagron
Captain

Stupid thread. Beta hasn't even started...
We have nothing else PS2 to do, so we share our thoughts and ideas to get our minds in the game, so we have some background knowledge on the general subject to have more educated opinions for when they start letting us into beta.

This is exactly the type of thread that wrecks games.
The worst thing this type of thread does is kill some time... and even if it did anything to hurt a game, just a tiny portion of the actual player base sees it. If it doesn't apply at all when actual numbers are released, it just vanishes because people won't discuss it anymore.

Even Higby saw and posted in this thread and didn't seem to think it was bad in any way.
The sky isn't falling, put down the doomsday sign.

I have spent way too much time on 4chan and Reddit not to notice you didn't actually say you had the numbers.
He actually said we don't have the numbers, just alpha footage glimpses. Those still give us some insight on the matter, just enough for a harmless discussion.

Seems like you spent too much time on internet forums and caught the agressiveness virus it tends to infect people with.
Relax, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything, we're just chatting about something we all like.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-24 at 10:04 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #145
Akadios
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
We have nothing else PS2 to do, so we share our thoughts and ideas to get our minds in the game, so we have some background knowledge on the general subject to have more educated opinions for when they start letting us into beta.

The worst thing this type of thread does is kill some time... and even if it did anything to hurt a game, just a tiny portion of the actual player base sees it. If it doesn't apply at all, it just vanishes because people won't discuss it anymore.

Even Higby saw and posted in this thread and didn't seem to think it was bad in any way.
The sky isn't falling, put down the doomsday sign.

He actually said we don't have the numbers, just alpha footage glimpses. Those still give us some insight on the matter, just enough for a harmless discussion.

Seems like you spent too much time on internet forums and caught the agressiveness virus it tends to infect people with.
Relax, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything, we're just chatting about something we all like.
Actually he didn't say anything as when I said that I was quoting someone else but nice pointless quote You literally quoted one person and then fake quoted me as if I was responding to them when I was clearly responding to Pillar of Armor about one thing he said. Good for you with faking quotes tho.

As for the doomsday sign, I didn't say it is wrecking the game I said this is the TYPE of thread that wrecks games but good job with that too bro.

Last edited by Akadios; 2012-06-24 at 10:06 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #146
Pillar of Armor
Sergeant

You showed alpha footage of vehicle costs that he says right in the video are not final at all. IE not fact.

What is even more funny is you were like ohh so you shouldn't be able to have enough resources to get a tank every 3 to 5 (speculation, you do not know)

Then you took your own speculation and speculated on that by saying, "It would be reasonable with the current system if you get a resource gain from controlled territories every 5-30 minutes. "

Then you made a ridiculous statement when you said That the numbers you put out were "something to work with" you just made the numbers up 2 lines earlier lol

Anyways I think I made my point it is just silly now..
Maybe you should have bothered to read and quote my posts correctly... You've proved you either have low reading comprehension or don't want to contribute.

None of the numbers I mentioned were speculation except for the 5-30 minute resource gain time. They were taken from things I saw in the UI during the videos. And i did mention that gain time wasn't the main topic of this thread... The only reason I worked that out for you was because maybe you or others were having a difficult time figuring out that number in relation to the rest of the data (territory gain rate) that has been shown off during the alpha.

The folks having this discussion have taken the time to look at the data that is in the game... you clearly haven't. You asked for numbers, I gave you numbers and you shrugged them off and didn't even bother to read my posts or look at the facts. I'm done here, I don't want to derail this thread any more.

Last edited by Pillar of Armor; 2012-06-24 at 11:24 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #147
Akadios
Sergeant

In the video you can see the cost of vehicles, mods, and the number of resources available in your personal pool. He doesn't talk about it, you have to look at the UI.
You showed alpha footage of vehicle costs that he says right in the video are not final at all. IE not fact.

What is even more funny is you were like ohh so you shouldn't be able to have enough resources to get a tank every 3 to 5 (speculation, you do not know)

Then you took your own speculation and speculated on that by saying, "It would be reasonable with the current system if you get a resource gain from controlled territories every 5-30 minutes. "

Then you made a ridiculous statement when you said That the numbers you put out were "something to work with" you just made the numbers up 2 lines earlier lol

Anyways I think I made my point it is just silly now.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #148
Akadios
Sergeant

Anyways I am signing off this thread your just talking speculation, your video proved my original point, and Dagron came in obviously so angry about my opinion that he intentionally did a hatchet job to attempt to make what I said wrong by quoting someone else and then trying to make it look like I was responding to them.

Gotta go get my BBQ now. peace.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #149
Dagron
Captain

Actually he didn't say anything as when I said that I was quoting someone else but nice pointless quote You literally quoted one person and then fake quoted me as if I was responding to them when I was clearly responding to Pillar of Armor about one thing he said. Good for you with faking quotes tho.
What? You made very little sense here.
I quoted things you said in 2 posts and i didn't add anything to your text, i just commented on them.

[edit] I never said you were responding to anyone other than Pillar of Armor, i don't know what you're talking about. [/edit]

As for the doomsday sign, I didn't say it is wrecking the game I said this is the TYPE of thread that wrecks games but good job with that too bro.
So you're saying this type of thread ruins games, but not this one in particular? Why did you post exactly that in the one thread you don't think it applies to then?

Please stop drinking coffee, cool down and try to understand what people are actually saying before spewing your angry defense mechanism on them.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-24 at 10:32 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #150
wOOtbEEr
Private

Thank you for proving my point. He gave no specifics, all the numbers you just mentioned are total speculation. Simply writing a paragraph with numbers in the middle and linking a youtube video doesn't make facts.

You proved that all numbers in this thread are speculation and thus my original post stands.
Yes there are some posts in this thread that are about tweaking a resource system that isn't even finished yet. But most of them are about taking what we do know and putting in something that allows some asymmetrical warfare. The devs have laid a great foundation for a system that keeps everyone on the front lines on a huge map. They have done such a good job that it will not be worth attacking anything behind the line at all. I see the focus of this thread as adding a bit of vulnerability to allow OCCASIONAL but WORTHWHILE trips behind enemy lines.

Anyway check out my idea, middle of page 10.

w00tb33r

Last edited by wOOtbEEr; 2012-06-24 at 10:28 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion