Why was Indar chosen? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You! Out of the gene pool
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-23, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Re: Why was Indar chosen?

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
Maz used a wow reference to try to explain something in PS2, under the Auraxis treaty article Ref~ 1748 B He must be catapulted for his crimes.
Sorry rules are rules!

Indar is just a play on letters which as someone pointed out earlier just means Oshur
Damn it you beat me to it git!
Old 2012-07-23, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by VODistar View Post
I think its because water is broken in the game - or not where they want it to be. Indar has no water...
Very good private, you get a cookie. I would guess that 99% of the reason is stated above. They don't have water working in the engine yet. Indar is a desert continent, so not having any water seems natural.
Old 2012-07-23, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
MooK
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by PrISM View Post
I was expecting Cyssor to be the only continent with the TR/VS/NC footholds at Wele, Orisha and Leza, respectively.

Uh, no. God no.

I would expect:

TR: Wele
VS: Leza/Orisha
NC: Ekera

Like it used to be.
Old 2012-07-23, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Is it just me, or has anyone else put two and two together?

IshuNDAR
Old 2012-07-23, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
sameer
Sergeant

THey are saving the best for last. Indar is boring, the only part I like are the grassy, treed areas. I hope the other continent contains lush forests.
Old 2012-07-23, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
snaffe
Sergeant

ishundar means ice dogs in Swedish, btw.
Old 2012-07-23, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Simokon
Corporal

@Simokon because it had the most difficult problems to solve. we knew we needed the most time working on it and we'd learn a lot making it.

from Matt Higby

So much easier to just ask the devs.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
julfo
Sergeant

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
I don't think its fair of you to start an entire thread with implicative questions just say that you think that a continent should have been chosen because it was 'awe inspiring' compared to the barren visuals of the other, and then edit to say that you don't care what the continent looked like at all.
That's ok. You don't have to think it's fair. But I did try to be as objective as I could. Nowhere, however, did I state that one continent should have been chosen over another. I NEVER said one continent should have been chosen over another. I even said that it was only my opinion that Esamir looks more awe inspiring than Indar. It is not intended to offend anyone. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. The reason I made the edit was because people were posting with the pure intention of saying that Indar isn't only barren desert. Which wasn't the point of the thread. The thread was to discuss possible reasons for Indar being chosen as the first continent over Esamir or Amerish.

Oh, could you also please point out which part of my post was 'implicative' to facilitate less offensive posts in the future.
I don't think people here missed your point so much as you failed to express it.
Perhaps, but then, perhaps not. After I edited my post people got the general idea of the thread and a relatively healthy discussion ensued. Perhaps the fault lies with both parties?
Either way I think that you can find a AAA nightime screenshot somewhere in indar that is just as high quality.
Absolutely, and nowhere did I say anything to the contrary. Indar is a fantastic piece of artwork.

One key position SS doesn't mean that the whole map will automatically be beautiful everywhere (though I'm sure it will be )
And I didn't say it did

Thanks to everyone else by the way for the constructive discussion

Originally Posted by Simokon View Post
@Simokon because it had the most difficult problems to solve. we knew we needed the most time working on it and we'd learn a lot making it.

from Matt Higby

So much easier to just ask the devs.
But then there's no healthy discussion within the community. Besides, I dislike the idea of bombarding devs with incessant trivia when they are working their asses off to get this game out.

Last edited by julfo; 2012-07-23 at 11:04 AM.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
XxAxMayxX
Sergeant

I think they chose indar for e3 and such because they hadn't finished water effects. Because indar is a dessert it makes sence if riverbeds and such are without water.

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
There are tons of lush areas on Indar we just haven't seen them as often. The devs utilized the area around Zurvan more than anything which is a desert like area. Possibly because it was the first one to be polished I'd assume.

There are areas with rolling green hills and trees as well.
Yeah but the whole area still holds the them of arid. I live in colorado and the green here is lush but not as green as say ohio, from what ive seen indar is similar.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
wraithverge
Sergeant

in game design, there are two levels that are almost ALWAYS done last, and this is because lets face it, they get better as the team has more practice. The first level created is usually pretty easy to spot, it has the least mechanics and is while not bad... lacking comparably usually level 3-5. The second to the last is the final level. The first is the starting level. This is why cyssor was not chosen first imo.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Timithos
Master Sergeant

As much as you claim and spend too much time "avoiding" flaiming, you waste even more time responding to flaming in a quote-a-holic manner to increase it. You're a Flame Fanner. I bet you'll waste even more time responding to me. DON'T! (God, I like what I wrote. That's a sig-worthy quote right there!)

A true flame-avoider makes no apologies, and is very selective in who and what they respond to.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
julfo
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Timithos View Post
As much as you claim and spend too much time "avoiding" flaiming, you waste even more time responding to flaming in a quote-a-holic manner to increase it. You're a Flame Fanner. I bet you'll waste even more time responding to me. DON'T! (God, I like what I wrote. That's a sig-worthy quote right there!)

A true flame-avoider makes no apologies, and is very selective in who and what they respond to.
lol
Old 2012-07-23, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by MooK View Post
Uh, no. God no.

I would expect:

TR: Wele
VS: Leza/Orisha
NC: Ekera

Like it used to be.
Six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion