MAXs and regen / repair - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where bodybags are backpacks...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-24, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: MAXs and regen / repair

So long as they cost resources and have a reuse timer, the owner should have some capacity to repair themselves, even if that is just sitting out of combat for 3-4 minutes. Every other vehicle has it, since they can just be an engineer.

If maxes are free and have no timer like other infantry, then it is fine if they must 100% rely on others for repair.

Treat them like vehicles, or treat them like infantry. Not some bastardized concept between the two.

In either case they should also be able to grab repairs from the deployed sunderer.
Old 2012-07-24, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
Keep in mind, that's a MAX unit. The entire 2 bars look to act like armor/health.
Hmm I don't think that's true.

The top bar is health and needs a medic to heal and the bottom bar is armour and needs an engineer to repair.

I think the top bar (health) should not regen but the bottom bar (armour) should regen very slowly / after a sufficient cool-down.

I'm pretty sure the MAX timer has now been confirmed to restrict re-usage so I can see this being quite important with the reduction of players able to fix you being about but without impeding their role but being too fast / powerful.
Old 2012-07-24, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TerminatorUK View Post
Hmm I don't think that's true.

The top bar is health and needs a medic to heal and the bottom bar is armour and needs an engineer to repair.

I think the top bar (health) should not regen but the bottom bar (armour) should regen very slowly / after a sufficient cool-down.

I'm pretty sure the MAX timer has now been confirmed to restrict re-usage so I can see this being quite important with the reduction of players able to fix you being about but without impeding their role but being too fast / powerful.
Except... the top bar is the first to deplete when the MAX is getting shot, and the bottom bar doesn't drop any faster when it's all that's left.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion