thoughts so far on the continents - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If only my wife was as good as this.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-02, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RSphil
Contributor
Major

thoughts so far on the continents

ok. so far we have played 2 continents and the third is on its this week some time.

here are my thoughts so far and some ideas of what has happened on the continents and the future.

so Indar was the first and was great fun. some of the bases are from a military stand point in silly locations and lightly defended, this i would like to thing is not due to dev's testing but id liek to think it was the first continent that was colonized by us and therefore it was peace time and no need for heavy defense.
the bases/outposts/towers are more like staging areas or refuges for exploring ect.

thats what id like to think anyway.

ok now Esamir
cool looking place lots of ice and snow. the bases are looking a bit more beefier and are in better places for defense and look more like military bases/outposts ect.
id like to think this place was colonized when things started to fracture between the people. people thought war was coming so they where getting ready. exploration was still going on but with more caution.

and now Amerish

from what i have seen from pics and the vid by Matt this looks more like a military held map. the bases are more built around defense and fighting, this could be a continent found at the start of the war. these bases where built for combat and nothing else.

i love the way this continent looks and cant wait to get on it to see how it plays. im looking forward to huge base assaults and some intense fighting in the air and on the ground.

id love to see the other continents in different forms. some with base half finished where instead of a proper metal/ composite wall it was one large shield with construction stuff all over to finish it. capture points in a container as it hasn't been installed yet. things like that.

then some continents that are hardly colonized. make shift bases, very few places to capture.

then at the other hand continents that have been fought over for a long time. with huge bases with great defenses. bunkers on hills and in strategic places. even trenches and tunnels ect.

i know this is prob all wrong as i havent seen much law on this tbh. but this is what i think of it so far and how id see it going. you will prob all disagree and flame me into the ground but let me say this, how ever this game goes i am loving it and im happy to be involved with you all and happy to help the dev team make this a blockbuster.

this game has huge potential and i really hope it takes off. the size alone makes it a winner for me and has destroyed any other online fps for me.

thanks for reading
Old 2012-11-03, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vanu Playa
Private

Re: thoughts so far on the continents

My thoughts, Indar is a great continent, while Esamir is a little dull. They should have added some more objects such as trees etc. like the old Esamir had. I am really hoping that all the continents don"t have the same basic shapes and for god sake it would be nice to have some water and bridges as well. If all the conts look near the same then I will be very disapointed.
Old 2012-11-03, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tamas
Staff Sergeant

Amerish looks something like I would prefer to play.

The current continents are "ok" but I not for me.
Old 2012-11-03, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Vanu Playa View Post
My thoughts, Indar is a great continent, while Esamir is a little dull. They should have added some more objects such as trees etc. like the old Esamir had. I am really hoping that all the continents don"t have the same basic shapes and for god sake it would be nice to have some water and bridges as well. If all the conts look near the same then I will be very disapointed.
i like Esamir but due to the huge battles iv had on there, the shape doesn't bother me as when you are flying, driving, running around you dont notice it. i do with they would extend the boundary a little more. as for water, they have said water will be in when they feel it is good enough so i can wait. dont want half assed things in the game just because alot of people want it in now and cant wait. indar was fun but we are always fighting over the same places.

they need to put lock out timers back on bases or something to move the front lines about more.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion