PSU: There is no god but Hamma, and Marsman is the messenger of Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2012-11-11, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
termhn
Sergeant

I'm back ;)... SoftTH

Alright guys, I've got a question. I'm currently re-downloading the beta as it's been several months since I've played, and I've recently acquired 3 monitors. Now I've been using SoftTH, which is an amazing piece of software that allows for triple monitor gaming with integrated bezel management and the use of different size/resolution monitors, all IN SOFTWARE without having to buy a thing (it's free). So, my question is... is OK for me to use this with PS2? I haven't tried it yet, but if it works I don't want to get banned for cheating or something.

Embrace the Shadows.
Old 2012-11-11, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: I'm back ;)... SoftTH

You have a 670 right? I thought Nvidia already had all that setup for 3 way monitors. Is there a need for third party software with that? Unless it doesn't go as far as using different resolutions. I only had a short use of eyefinity a couple years ago that went awful due to the monitors being DoA after hours of testing.

In terms of multi monitor support, PS2 is working with it thought the UI last I heard sucked for it. As in its stretch all over the screen, not centralized on the middle one. I think there was issues with FoV that caused a lot of stretching also.

No idea about potential hacking issues as this is third party software. While not illicit you still are modifying the game on some level. I'd suggest PMing one of the Devs here on the forums and see what they have to say.

WB too.
Old 2012-11-11, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
termhn
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
You have a 670 right? I thought Nvidia already had all that setup for 3 way monitors. Is there a need for third party software with that? Unless it doesn't go as far as using different resolutions. I only had a short use of eyefinity a couple years ago that went awful due to the monitors being DoA after hours of testing.

In terms of multi monitor support, PS2 is working with it thought the UI last I heard sucked for it. As in its stretch all over the screen, not centralized on the middle one. I think there was issues with FoV that caused a lot of stretching also.

No idea about potential hacking issues as this is third party software. While not illicit you still are modifying the game on some level. I'd suggest PMing one of the Devs here on the forums and see what they have to say.

WB too.
That's what I thought too about the nVidia thing, but I can't figure out exactly how to get it to work... Just tried with SoftTH and it doesn't work properly... it still only displays on one screen for some reason.

Embrace the Shadows.
Old 2012-11-11, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

TBH I'm not sure of what fix is in order. I would suggest searching the tech forum on the official PS2 forum. A lot more hardware setups there so you may be able to find a solution.

You would think, since this is a Nvidia sponsored game they would at least have surround all set to go for launch.
Old 2012-11-11, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ailos
Contributor
Major

I, along with a handful of other folks have made posts about this in the official forums.

The ultra-wide screen resolution you get from 3 monitors IS supported (i.e. 48x9), the game runs, and looks beautiful. As of the last patch, I can also confirm that multi-card configurations are also supported (I know for a fact that Crossfire works well, and others report SLI works just as good, too).

I haven't checked if this is still the case after yesterday's patch, but infantry and vehicle terminal UIs were out of comission (buttons and letters wouldn't display, you have to know exactly where to click to make your selection). Also, the vertical FOV inside aircraft is not tall enough, so you can't see your speed and altitude readouts.

So if you don't change class often and don't fly much, you're all set to go this instant. Otherwise, I recommend you take a couple screenies and add your voice to small segment of us that've posted about it on the official forums (search for threads title "Surroundview" and "Eyefinity").

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum