Oh dear - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: your Karma ran over my Dogma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-20, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Oh dear

QQing about this I know, but I feel that now I've just downloaded client the FPS has gotten even worse. This game needs a bunch of optimization, and fast.

I realize using a laptop is a bad idea, but no other game (even other MMOs) runs at 30 fps at medium settings on all. Before I was getting 30-40, and now it's a solid 30, which I find very hard to play on.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
Old 2012-11-20, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
BlueSmiley
Private

Re: Oh dear

Went from 30 - 40 FPS at the end of the beta to 15 - 30 today.
Old 2012-11-20, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Beerbeer
Major

Lol, mine went up, of course I turn everything down to low and my computer kind of sucks.

Grateful for my low end performance; sucks for your more top shelf computers.
Old 2012-11-20, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Yep. I'm putting mine down to low now as well, see how that works. If I get upwards of 40-50 I'll shut up, but I felt that they definitely should have waited until later with this release...
Old 2012-11-20, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

my performance actually went up since beta
Q9550 @ 3.1GHz with a GTS250 here, all low of course
Old 2012-11-20, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Part of the problem is we haven't had anywhere near this many people playing per server since probably September. Low pops with great FPS gives the impression that everything is fine and nothing needs to be further optimized.

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2012-11-20 at 07:52 PM.
Old 2012-11-20, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

My performance was cut in half from primetime beta to tonight on medium settings. Might go to low just to improve the framerate but it seems a pity since it was such a pretty game.
Old 2012-11-20, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Bocheezu View Post
Part of the problem is we haven't had anywhere near this many people playing per server since probably September. Low pops with great FPS gives the impression that everything is fine and nothing needs to be further optimized.
This seems like the most logical explanation to you guys' problems. I dropped like 15 FPS too, from 30 to 15 (I have an awful computer), but when I got to a very low activity place I went back up to 30. Cant wait for my new desktop. Getting in on sunday.
Old 2012-11-21, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Yeah honestly unless you have a beastly CPU, you're probably going to see frame rates drop with all the new players.

Frankly, I'm amazed. In early/mid-beta, the game was unplayable for me in in battles of more than a few dozen folks. If I didn't have bottomed-out graphics, it was a slideshow.

I logged in the other day and was pretty impressed, never really went below 30 frames, even in big battles, and my rig is pretty shitty. Today, I logged in and played for a while before I realized that I was back at 1680x1050 (my monitor's native resolution) with medium graphics and I was still getting ~30 FPS.

Obviously my CPU is still the limiting factor most of the time, but I can still play in pretty dense battles on a poplocked server and get 20 FPS. It's nice that the GPU has been optimized well enough that I can play without feeling like my head is in a box and everything is made out of Legos.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion