capping consoles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Earth Is Full - Go Home
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-12-14, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
satori
Corporal

capping consoles

Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question...

Does it take a certain number of people to cap a console? For example, my faction was getting pounded and could barely get out of the warpgate. I was looking to do something different so I flew across the map to some random console where no enemies were. I tried to cap it but it never changed. 2 more people in my squad actually joined me (via spawn beacon) and still, no change.
Old 2012-12-14, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: capping consoles

Capture points use the Tug-o-War system. You stand close to the cap point and wait for the progress bar to diminish for the owning empire. Once that has completed the progress bar will start filling for your empire. The progress bar moves faster based on hex adjacency % owned by your empire as well as # of people contributing to the cap point. There's a little #/# indicator when in an area that indicates the amount of players that are contributing along with the max amount you can have contributing.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions