PSU: Magical
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction

Old 2013-03-18, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
HiroshiChugi
Captain

New Conglomerate Leader, "Z"

Here is what I believe to be the TRUE story behind the actual leader of the New Conglomerate:

New Conglomerate Back Story

The New Conglomerate is described as “a loosely organized band of freedom fighters, who vehemently oppose to the stranglehold that the Terran Republic has on Auraxis. Led by an unusual quorum of outcasts, industry titans, and pirates, the New Conglomerate is unwavering and prepared to achieve freedom from oppression by any means necessary. Their colors are blue and gold. NC forces use hard hitting gauss weaponry that is devastating at short ranges, supported by heavily armored shock troops and durable vehicles and aircraft.”

Now, this is mostly true, but what of the rest of this so-called “New Conglomerate?” Are they really the freedom fighters that everyone perceives them to be? Or are they just another greed-thirsty and power-hungry rebel force wanting to gain complete control over the planet Auraxis and the human race as a whole? Perhaps we will never know until the end of the Great War, IF it ends, what their true mission is.

The New conglomerate formed on July 30, 2630 by Business Forward in order to try and unite major corporations, banks, labor unions, and private protection firms under a single banner in order to help rebel against the Terran Republic's restrictive policies. The group went on to begin full-scale war against the Terran Republic and the Vanu Sovereignty on June 21, 2845 after peace talks are interrupted by reports of armed conflict in the desert region of Kaorr.

The Demon of Auraxis and the Leader Known as “Z”

The New Conglomerate has gone through several leaders in their time through the Great War, all of which were known about until now. As far as everyone is concerned, the NC only has a spokeswoman, known by the name of “Diane Draper.” But, what everyone doesn’t know, there is a secret driving force behind the New Conglomerate movement. He is only known by the top NC officials as “Z.” Not much is known about Z, but of what is known, is deathly terrifying. Rumors about Z include anything from him being over 200 years old due to rebirthing technology, to him having been part of one of xenobiologist Henry Briggs’ Vanu technology experiments.

Z is the head of the NC, though not many know this to be the actual truth. He is known to be a ruthless, yet compassionate, leader full of passion for his cause. Some say that he has been the true leader this entire time, while the other so-called “leaders” were only his top lieutenants posing to be the true leaders of the New Conglomerate. As each one rose to power, they were quickly stricken down by what the entirety of Auraxis believes to be the “Demon of Auraxis,” who is thought to be the assassin of the major leaders in all three factions. Others speculate that this “demon” is actually Z, out to get rid of the leaders that grow full of greed for the power that they receive.

What else is known about this “Demon of Auraxis?” Is it truly Z? Or is it some other greater force at work in this long and grueling war over the freedom and control over the human race and the people of Auraxis?

I hope you enjoyed the read, as this is my first so-called "fan fiction." Even though I think that this should be the actual lore behind the NC leader. >_>

Last edited by HiroshiChugi; 2013-03-18 at 12:54 PM.
Old 2013-03-18, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Re: New Conglomerate Leader, "Z"

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post
Here is what I believe to be the TRUE story behind the actual leader of the New Conglomerate:

I hope you enjoyed the read, as this is my first so-called "fan fiction." Even though I think that this should be the actual lore behind the NC leader. >_>
I like it! I've made fan art and music, some of the art could be inspiration for actual content So, I understand the desire. This would be some interesting fiction. I like how you left it open to interpretation about the assassin.

It leaves room for it actually being the Vanu aliens (or even another life form) that's doing these assassinations.
Old 2013-03-18, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

fail

Stop totally twsting the rather simple and elegant lore of the NC.

- we like individual freedom
- we let corporations run rampant
- our idea of technology is - build a bigger gun
Old 2013-03-18, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

"Z" sounds more of a fantasy than science fiction character, "demonic superbeing, older than Universe itself" type of thing.

Also, I wouldn't believe NC having a single person in charge. They began as a conglomeration of biggest companies under one banner, they wouldn't just say: "You're in charge of all of our businesses from all of our companies."

NC is corporation, their army are mercenaries, or "freedom" fighters. Their leader is not a leader but a Council.

Do something in this direction.
Old 2013-03-18, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Hey Hiroshi,

Cool idea! I do like the idea of a mysterious leader behind everything. I don't think that would fit in exactly with my interpretation of the NC but I think yours is equally cool and original .

Just my two cents - when I've written stories within a particular universe I've found it difficult to write about really important characters in the lore (the leaders of each faction being an example), or trying to reinterpret official storylines. People tend to get emotionally invested in a faction/major characters in the universe, and so if you try to 'change history' by writing your own lore then some people disagree quite heatedly! Also you run the risk that the developers come out with new lore that completely contradicts what you have written (although maybe you don't mind about that ).

What I do find that works though is creating your own characters within the loose confines of the Universe, fitting in with the rough ideologies and events already given to you by the creators. Then you are completely free to write exciting stories where you can do whatever you want with the characters and the storyline without pissing anyone off or running the risk of contradicting the official lore.

Of course, you don't have to listen to anything I say, it's cool to go and rewrite the lore and the stories of the main characters too, but I just thought I'd give you a little of my own personal perspective before you dive in too deep . Keep it up!

Sonny
Old 2013-03-18, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
HiroshiChugi
Captain

To every negative comment: I appreciate your feedback, but I believe you may have misread my work. I'm saying that yes, there IS a council in charge of the NC, but what if it was originally just one guy in charge that died, but was rebirthed using a rebirthing chamber, to keep leading the NC. Like a little government conspiracy, just like we have today. It leaves for open speculation on who this "Z" character really is. it may be that one guy that's been constantly put in a rebirthing chamber, or it may be more than one person that has taken the position of the original Z over the years. Really, all I did here was leave the audience open for their own speculation on who Z really is, this one guy, or a so-called "bloodline" of more than one person.
Old 2013-03-18, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

No - I get it.
I just dont like it.

Its great for you that you like to write fan fiction and in that sense its totally up to you what you write. And I hope you enjoy it.

But when you start conspicuously flagging the devs attention hoping the story can be bigger than just some fan fiction - then I want to point out how I find the story annoying and I think it detracts from the existing lore.
Old 2013-03-18, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
No - I get it.
I just dont like it.

Its great for you that you like to write fan fiction and in that sense its totally up to you what you write. And I hope you enjoy it.

But when you start conspicuously flagging the devs attention hoping the story can be bigger than just some fan fiction - then I want to point out how I find the story annoying and I think it detracts from the existing lore.
Maybe this is just because I'm on my last nerve today, or I'm just tired of you posting negative comments on everything every time I turn around, but there are a few reasons why I'm aggravated at this comment right now:

1. Just because you don't agree with me trying to fill in gaps in the Planetside 2 lore, doesn't mean you gotta down it so much.

2. You said you enjoy it, so leave it at that.

3. How the hell does it "detract from the existing lore?"

4. How in the world is it conspicuously flagging down the devs hoping that my story can become more than just fan-fiction? I'm doing it out in the open, plain as day.

5. We all know that Planetside 2 needs the gaps in the story where it doesn't tell the leaders of each faction specifically.

Old 2013-03-19, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post

4. How in the world is it conspicuously flagging down the devs hoping that my story can become more than just fan-fiction? I'm doing it out in the open, plain as day.

You seem to have confused "conspicuously" with "conspiratorially."

I know you are "doing it out in the open, plain as day." "Conspicuously" mean in an obvious attention gathering manner.
Old 2013-03-19, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Anyways, it doesn't matter if you like it, I like it, I wrote it, and that's all that matters. ^_^
Old 2013-03-21, 05:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheAadvark
Corporal

Sorry nope. The writing isn't up too snuff , if you want to get people behind a story you need to spin it right first. Sounds like a rip off any number of Anime/Manga story lines out there.

"Anyways, it doesn't matter if you like it, I like it, I wrote it, and that's all that matters. ^_^"

Then why don't you frame it on the wall in your bedroom instead of posting on here where you don't want to receive criticism.

Last edited by TheAadvark; 2013-03-21 at 05:18 AM.
Old 2013-03-21, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HiroshiChugi
Captain

I wanted criticism to prove that a lot of PS2 player don't appreciate new fan-fic writers :P
Old 2013-03-28, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ghodere
Corporal

I'd say there's a lot that you could do with this story, but it's really very vague as-is. There's a lot more "tell" than there is "show" here, and I've found that can be really difficult to pull off well; it's easier to get the reader to relate to your storyline if you use people, doing people things, to tell the story, in my experience. Example, instead of a bit regarding the grand story of humanity's initial reaction to aliens, a story about the ship that makes first contact, and the crew's differing opinions regarding how to proceed. Or, instead of droning on about tensions in the empire, a traveling merchant witnesses an act of brutality and talks with a bartender before leaving town. An engaging story that happens to establish setting and tone has always seemed more palatable to me than a dictation of the way things are.

Just my view on things.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction