NC LA AC-X11 carbine - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get in my bellay
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-04, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
simmi
Private

Question NC LA AC-X11 carbine

I have almost 900 certs to spend and LA is my main. I have unlocked a lot of certs for my LA already. I have maxed out the JJ, unlocked 3 weapons already and put scopes/attachments to them. I have noticed lately it mostly went to waste with the increasing LA nerf. My score/hour is getting worse after every patch. Now I'm wondering If I should buy the AC-X11 with 1000 certs or just put all those certs into upgrading my HA.

I need to know if AC-X11 can fight against some engis/medics/infils at medium to long ranges assuming I fire first, but they notice me instantly after. So If I hit them with 1 bullet first and we both have the same aim skills. Also how does it perform at shorter distances like 10-20m against LMGs and SMGs? Which has faster TTK am avg. SMGs or ACX-11?
Old 2013-05-04, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Narrack
Private

Re: NC LA AC-X11 carbine

the AC-X11 is poor at close range due to its small magazine what you should get assuming you don't already have it is a GD-7F which are amazing they tear people up both up close and a fair distance away if your good at controlling recoil.
And there has been no LA nerf infact carbines got buffed last patch and a LA with a shotty will leave a trail of corpse's in his wake, My fave class is LA its the one i most use infact if anything im surprised they haven't nerfed us :P
Old 2013-05-04, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

As of this week the Ac-X11 is much better gun than it was before.

Its still the worst CQC carbine of all.

But its quite good at medium and long ranges.
Old 2013-05-04, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by simmi View Post
I have almost 900 certs to spend and LA is my main. I have unlocked a lot of certs for my LA already. I have maxed out the JJ, unlocked 3 weapons already and put scopes/attachments to them. I have noticed lately it mostly went to waste with the increasing LA nerf. My score/hour is getting worse after every patch. Now I'm wondering If I should buy the AC-X11 with 1000 certs or just put all those certs into upgrading my HA.

I need to know if AC-X11 can fight against some engis/medics/infils at medium to long ranges assuming I fire first, but they notice me instantly after. So If I hit them with 1 bullet first and we both have the same aim skills. Also how does it perform at shorter distances like 10-20m against LMGs and SMGs? Which has faster TTK am avg. SMGs or ACX-11?
Twenty bullets mag is rough at cqc; you often run out

I only use them because I use Gauss Saw. I don't like switching between high rof weapon to low rate of fire. It messes up my timing.

And yes, the Acx-11 reload rate has been a tad improved. Basically if you're going toe to toe, this weapon is rough due to low bullets per mag. If you're a support player, yeah, it's good for popping out of cover and shooting due to it's highest damage per bullet.

Lastly, is it really 1k certs worth? I thought it is a 250 cert weapon. I have to double check.
If you're a sneaky LA, yeah go for it. If you're a rambo LA, I won't recommend it because of the low bullet count per mag. If you're good at aiming, go for it too, since if you can land most of your shots, it hits hard.
Old 2013-05-04, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
AThreatToYou
Major

AC-X11 has been my go-to carbine ever since I got auraxium medal on the Mercenary. It's great at range and the recoil is controllable due to being exclusively vertical.

The AC-X11 has a very good TTK, actually better than the SMGs iirc. The problem is it isn't good in CQC with its recoil and the need for high-power scope to be effective at med/long range.

A big bonus is that any level of nanoweave only increases the TTK by 1 bullet (10/83s?) at any range.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-05-04 at 03:27 PM.
Old 2013-05-04, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

The AC-X11 is the Gauss Saw of the carbine world, 200 max dmg - 143(I believe) min dmg.
Old 2013-05-04, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
AC-X11 has been my go-to carbine ever since I got auraxium medal on the Mercenary. It's great at range and the recoil is controllable due to being exclusively vertical.
Its nice that you found it such before - most people didnt - but the recoil is noticeably more controllable now.

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
The AC-X11 has a very good TTK, actually better than the SMGs iirc. The problem is it isn't good in CQC with its recoil and the need for high-power scope to be effective at med/long range.

A big bonus is that any level of nanoweave only increases the TTK by 1 bullet (10/83s?) at any range.
SMGs have higher DPS - which really all that matters with anything shooting more than 400 bullets per minute. Almost everyone does miss a shot or 2 frequently. You may be exceptional though. But even then you will often be shooting at people who arent at max health and then nano weave figure into it.

The recoil isnt the issue up close - the issue is that it has a horrible CoF from the hip and has small clip.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion